Hello, I'm new here......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PinkSapo, Oct 19, 2006.

1. PinkSapo

PinkSapo New Member

Well, after months of testing....MRI's CT scans searching for evidence of MS and who knows what else I have been diagnosed with FM. Although I am relieved to have an answer, I am frustrated as well with what seems to be a lack of understanding about this syndrome.

I hope you will welcome me here and I look forward to learning a lot of great information through this website.

What I found most interesting is that when I did a search for symptoms, I discovered that I have every single one of them! Including the ringing in my ears and dizzyness. In fact, I even had to have tubes put in my ears last october in hopes of possibly helping to get fluid out of my ears. Of course, it did not work, but I just cannot believe that the symptoms were so exact. My jaw was dropping as I was reading!!!

2. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

You will get a lot of interesting facts from this board. There are a lot of nice people, also you can talk about anything you want. We are all in the same boat!!

Take Care!! SB
  3. PinkSapo

PinkSapo New Member

My goodness, this board moves quickly!!!

I am just feeling my way around right now, and reading a lot of posts.

Anyone taking Nortryptyline?
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Welcome Pinksapo

I am sorry you have FM but glad you could join us. There are lots of wonderful people here. You will find lots to read and sympathetic people to chat with or to just vent.

hugs Redwillow
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Pinks

I take Amitriptylene, which I believe is in the same family. It has really helped me to sleep better and that has helped to eliminate a lot of my migraines.

hugs again Redwillow
  6. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

just wanted to welcome you and YES this board moves super fast. You can always go on your profile and pull up your posts to see who has answered, etc..

Good Luck to you and I think you will love it here. So many sweet people with loads of info and advice.
    Hugs
    Kim
  7. PinkSapo

PinkSapo New Member

So, is it odd that I have every single symptom that can be named? Or are most people somewhere or all over the charts?

How have your employers reacted, or treated you? Has anyone found the need to seek permanent disability? I hope it does not come to that for me. I cannot imagine how I could live on that financially.

I am currently going through a messy divorce and have three children. I have also reduced my hours from 8 to 6 each day and that seems to help some with fatigue. I can no more get through an 8 hour day than speak German.

Now, if I can fgure out how to get to my profile, lol!

Anyway, thanks again!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2006]
  8. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hello Pinksapo,

Welcome to the board; I see you have some great information that you shared.

Thank you so much and I know you will find the nicest, pleasant people here on this board with tons of great information.

Sorry to hear about the FM,

BlueSky555
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

As you can see, there are lots of friendly people here.

In response to your question look in the upper right hand corner for "View my profile". To see someone else's profile, click on their name at the left of a post.
  10. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I am so sorry you have this illness to deal with..it can be a tough road, but you can get a lot of support here. Ask questions..and find a good doctor who will work with you to address your sypmtoms.
  11. KWHops

KWHops New Member

Welcome Pinks! I love your name! I'm a newbie here too but have already learned a lot from this site. Good luck to you my friend!

Kim
  12. tandy

tandy New Member

Welcome~
    To get to your profile just click on view my profile
    at the top righthand side of the screen.
    (Geeez! I hope they did'nt move it) LOL

I remember the first few times I came here and saw symptoms mentioned that I had,my jaw dropped but I felt happy! Happy that these weird,changing symptoms of pain were experienced by others.
    I kinda felt like "wow,I'm not crazy afterall"

Glad your here and hope you'll be around alot more.
    Hugs
    Tandy
  13. 1faith

1faith New Member

It is a relief in a weird kind of way! Keep reading-I'm learning all kinds of stuff here-very helpful!!!!
  14. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I see the lovely people here allready gave you a warm welcome...This place is great!!!

Sorry you have to join us but glad you found this place...It will certainly help you on your journey, it has me...

Peace~Alicia