Hello, I'm new <smile>

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by irish.me, Feb 18, 2003.

1. irish.me

irish.me New Member

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mary. I
    have never joined a message board before, but decided today that it was time to come out of the shell that I seem to have built around myself. I read some of the messages and you all seem like a great bunch of folks. I am 54 and the mom to three daughters and happily married. I was diagnosed two years ago. Within a few days my father passed away and I have been just pretty quiet since. Silly as that sounds.
    I was taking Ambien for sleep until recently. Then I went to Restoril and that does not seem to be working for me. I also have Bursitis in the hip that I have battled with for the last year, and only just this month said something to my doctor. She gave me some shots, but I still am in a lot of pain with that. I just figured it was Fibro and never said anything to her until now. Pretty dumb huh? Well that's about it for now...good to be here and hope to make lots of new friends. May God bless you all..hugs, mary
  2. musette

musette New Member

Welcome, this is a really nice bunch of people here. They have helped me out a lot. I too had never been in a chat room and found this one totally by accident. They have answered questions for me that even my doctor was unsure of. It is a great sounding board and there is a lot of wonderful information. Stay tuned. Again, welcome.

Musette
  3. irish.me

irish.me New Member

Hello Musette..thank you for the welcome. <smile>....I hope I am replying in the right way..hugs, mary
  4. irish.me

irish.me New Member

Hi Nink, thank you for the welcome. I stopped taking the
    Ambien because it was too expensive. Even though we have
    insurance..they wouldn't let the Pharmacy fill it but 15 at a time, which meant I was paying a co-pay of $100 a month. I also take Zoloft..which isn't expensive...but it adds up along with stuff my hubby needs too. My doctor is looking into doing something different. I don't want to have to go back on the Ambien because of the cost..but will if nothing else works. I really appreciate the help and am glad to be here <smile>
    hugs,
    mary
  5. irish.me

irish.me New Member

Hi Nink, my insurance is Hometown Heath. They are a real pain to deal with. They would only fill my Restoril on a two week basis as well. It doesn't matter to them how the doctor prescribes things. They will take away a perfectly good medication and replace it with something that doesn't work as well...you have no choice...it's either take the more expensive or what they say for $10 a co-pay. What med's are you taking? Do you need something for sleep each night? I have to take something every night..and even then I don't sleep very well. I was taking 30mg of Ambien toward the end and that worked best...now it's 30mg of Restoril and it stinks. <sigh>..oh but with a smile..
    hugs,
    mary
  6. motherjo

motherjo New Member

Hello
    I am new to this board but has been reading it for a while just a little shy.I have fibro snice 1998.its bad I fianlly had to stop working last april that was hard I have allways work dont like not doing any thing. Boy do I get depress things I could do yesterday cant do to day.
    this board and others are GOD sent to know there are others out there like me Sometime when I read somethings I have and try telling my husband and he dont understand I shout for joy.Are there sny one out there on these meds?
    celebrex,remeron,neurontin,topamax,doxyxycycline,vicoprofen
    tizanidine,captoptil, also have a bad cough at nite wakes me
    up 2 to 3 times a night so I take hydrocod 2,5mg 360

sorry I took so long GOD BLESS ALL of YOU Motherjo

eup 2 or3 times so I take hydrocod 2.5mg/5m 360
  7. mersey_ferryman51

mersey_ferryman51 New Member

A very WARM welcome to our forum!

We're all here for you!

Larry G.

8. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Welcome to the best source of information that you are likely to find anywhere. What part of Nevada are you in? My husband and I are looking at property in Fallon and Elko. Judging from the prices, I am pretty sure we will wind up somewhere near Elko. We are both retired, and are trying to raise an 11 year old grandson. We have too many animals, but they are my children. I am looking forward to seeing the wild horses. My mare is such a slut that she will probably elope with the first stud that trots past. Maybe we can get together sometime after we get settled in. Stay well!
    Kathryn
  9. irish.me

irish.me New Member

It is nice to meet you and it's also nice to know that I am not the only newbie on the block.I don't know anything about the drugs you are taking. I'm sorry that I can't be of more help. Some sound familiar, but I haven't taken them.
    If I sound a little loupy here tonight...I had taken my sleep meds and had to get up with a bab bout of acid reflux. I'm ok now, but also took some Ambien and that will kick in soon here I hope. That Restoril is for the birds in my opinion! I live not far from Lake Tahoe.I come from the east coast originally. Ny,Vt and Ma. but I love it here...except that the fibro got worse when I reached this elevation.Elko is about 9 hours east of us, and Fallon is not that far from here. But I think it's great that you are moving down here and I would love to meet you. Do you camp?
    There is a great place to camp in Elko. I love camping...one of my favorite things to do...last summer I just took off for a week by myself and had a great time! I would have stayed longer but there is that little thing called "being mom" <laughin>...anyway....I hope that you are feeling better..sounds like you have been through a lot.
    hugs and welcome,
    mary
  10. irish.me

irish.me New Member

I'm sorry MotherJo....it was Kathryn that was moving...I'm sorry Kathryn....please forgive my state of mind tonight. I should just try and go to bed again.

Thank you Kathryn for the warm welcome, it's nice to be here!

hugs,
    mary
  11. irish.me

irish.me New Member

Hi There, yummy I love mint juleps....thank you!

This seems like a great place and I appreciate all the welcomes.

It's nice to meet you <smile>

hugs,
    mary
  12. irish.me

irish.me New Member

Thank you for the very WARM welcome!! I'm feeling better
    already <smile>

hugs,
    mary
  13. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I am pretty new here also and can tell you you have found a great place to share. There is usually someone here all hours day and night and since we don't all sleep at night, that's nice. Many here do a lot of
    research on FM/CFS and Madwolf is a
    PA that gives sound sensible information too. Jelly does lots of
    research and posts things that helps
    us too..just too many to mention, including Mikie who is the moderator (one of them..must not forget Shirl!)
    and they give good support and info
    too. Keep coming back and even when
    you are feeling a better day, it's nice to hear someone's good day sometimes too..just wish there were more good days to share! Welcome.
    Hugs, Bambi