Hello, I'm new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by creeves, Aug 13, 2005.

1. creeves

creeves New Member

Hello! I'm new and wanted to tell you a little about myself. I am married and have two childern, I work full outside of my home. I have had FM for about a year and a half now and am still learning how to live with it. I rely on God, family and friends to get me through the rough days. I hope to make new friends through this message board, and to share and recieve new information on how to live with FM.

Take Care and God Bless
    creeves
  2. fibrotina

fibrotina New Member

Welcome to the boards!! I am sure you will find a lot of very helpful information on here as well as make new friends. I have just recently joined here myself, and everyone is wonderful and very helpful. I think you will like it here!! Don't be afraid to ask anything and everything!!

{{hugs}}
    Tina
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

You have come to a great place. Everyone shares their information on treatment plans, medications, natural supplements ... etc.. What's even better though is the wonderful level of support and kindness we all give to one another.

Welcome .... post anytime ...and I'm glad you found us!

Elsa
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Nice to have you join us, but am sorry you have FM.

I am sure you will make friends here, many nice people on this board, and lots of the latest information on these illnesses.

Again, welcome and hope we heard from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. creeves

creeves New Member

Thank-You,
    Yes, I'm sure I will find lots of very helpful information here. I look forward to sharing and talking with you. I do have one question though. I keep hearing different terms as to what FM is. Is it a condition, syndrome, or a disease? I have always wondered about this. I should ask my Dr. but I have noticed in articles that I have read that different Dr.'s use one of these terms and no one is the same. What do you think?

Thanks a bunch. God Bless
    creeves
  6. creeves

creeves New Member

Thank-You very much. I am glad to have found this site and all the great information. I do have a treatment plan that seems to be working pretty good for me. I do take meds. for pain, which work o.k. but not great, and medication to help me sleep. I do try to make sure and get in some exercise each day. Either walking work just gentle streching. I have found that if I don't do something each day I feel worse. So matter how rotten I am feeling at the time I ask God for strength and go for that walk. It also helps to have a walking partner. My daughters and husband are great for this.
    Thank-You for the very nice hello and I hope to talk to again soon.
    God Bless
    creeves
  7. creeves

creeves New Member

Thank-You for the very nice welcome.
    Yes I am sure that I will make many new friends here. I am sorry that I have FM also but don't feel sorry for myself. I am frustrated that those who don't have FM have a hard time understanding it but know that if I give all those concernes to God, He will help those who don't understand to understand. Also, having a place to go and share with those who know what it's like to have FM is a wonderful thing.
    Thank-You again and I hope to hear from again soon.
    Take care and God Bless
    creeves
  8. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi Creeves:

I am farly new here too. You have come to the best place there is to talk and learn about FM and CFS. So sorry you have it too but thank God you are dealing with it rather well.

Most of us here have had to stop working and are on disability, but not eveyone. Lucky for the few who can continue to work.

You will find lots of love, care and useful information from the so many wonderful people here.

We all pray for each other and I will now add you to my list.

God Bless.

Soft hugs,
    Francey54

9. JLH

JLH New Member

Welcome to our board/support group. Glad to have another new member! You have come to a great place!

I am also married, with 3 adult children who are all out on their own now. I worked full-time for 30 years but I am now retired and on SSDI. I had to take an early retirement due to my health--I have fibro and a host of other problems.

I have had fibro and lupus since I was about 10, but doctors just did not know what to call it them. I am now 54, so I have lived with this for a lot time.

(((Hugs)))
    Janet

10. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

I hope you find this board to be as comforting and understanding as I have.
    A
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

hi new also. your going to like it on this site.

great infomation and web buddies.
  12. creeves

creeves New Member

Thank-You for the nice welcome, I'm sorry to hear that you've had to deal with this for so long. I can't imagine living with Lupus to. FM is bad enough. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Take Care and God Bless
    creeves
  13. creeves

creeves New Member

Francey54,
    I'm sorry I got you mixed up with another message about having Lupus. But I will still keep you in my prayers.
    creeves
  14. creeves

creeves New Member

Thank-You, I'm sure I will enjoy my time on the site and getting to know all the nice people I have met and that I will met.

I also plan to work for as long as I can. I'm 41 and our daughter's are 18 & 9. So they're not very close to being all grown up. We're taking our oldest to college this weekend so that will be a adjustment for all of us.
    I hope that I will not have to apply for disability. It sound too much like " opening a can of worms". Although I have already gotten some good tips from this site.
    I know what ever happens in the future, is in Gods hands. Take care and I hope to take again soon.
    creeves