Hello I'm new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fmransom, Nov 6, 2005.

1. fmransom

fmransom New Member

Hi everyone I just found this site and I'm so glad I did.
    What a blessing to know others that share the same health problems. We all need encouraging, and its very good to read
    all of the comments of such great people. I have fibro. It has really been quite an ordeal living with the pain. I use to be
    so very active and now I hardly have energy to do anything.

I have filed for my disability several times but have been denied each time. I have filed again and will continue to do so until I get it. If anyone has any suggestions on how to help getting disability I would appreciate it. Do I need to get a lawyer ? Thanks for any suggestions.
    May God bless you all.

Kat
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I don't know much about the SSD. I do know that most people that I have heard got it, used a lawyer. Of course, you realize that the attorney will get part of your settlement.

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you better advice on how to get your SSD approved.

Much luck on that. Sorry you have been turned down. I have FMS, BTW, and you are welcomed to check my profile. Just click my name in blue on the left side and wait a few seconds for my profile to load up.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. silky17

silky17 New Member

Just wanted to say Hi and let you know that you have found a good place for support, information, fun and ideas. Some of those ideas are for fun and take away the monotany of our health woes. So dig in and don't be afraid to ask anything. If its wrong or not allowed then a moderator will let you know. But its good to read the rules.

We do get some who have a reason to rant and rave but I take it as they are hurting. Because hurting people hurt people. So don't let a negative post sway you. Mostly its all good.

Check out the post that Bluerose7 bumped up about fighting for disability. Put in her user name in the search box and just read through the titles and you will find it.

Good luck!
    Debbie
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Just wanted to welcome you here, although I am sorry you are having the same health problems we are. I am still working part-time (mornings) so I haven't gone down the disability road yet (and hopefully won't have to), but I have heard that having a lawyer does increase your chances for success.

You might want to post a request for good disability lawyers in your area. Someone here might be able to help you.

Good luck.

Ellen
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi!
    I just wanted to add my welcome to you and hope that you find this site helpful. It really is a great place with a lot of caring people.
    Learning about the disease empowers us to move forward and find the help we need.
    I'm sorry that you have just lost your husband. I hope you can find some comfort in your family and friends. We have a prayer thread here that might help as well.

Take Care.

Kathy.
  6. 1horse

1horse New Member

welcome to the boards. great info and people. they listen and encourage you ... it really helps ~hugs~
  7. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Hi Kat and welcome to the board! I don't get to check in as often as I used to. But, it is great to meet so many special people.

I wanted to give you some hope and info about disability. I was denied the first two times and then I went to my Congressman's office. He was able to get it looked at and I was approved without a hearing last week. You may do a search under my name and find some letters etc. I have written to him. I also had family members write letters who noticed the changes in me. Things I wasn't even aware of. It hurts to hear all of this but true. But, the sencerity and consistency of these letters along with my medical records is what the judge looked at.

Don't give up the fight. You know in your heart whether or not you could work and don't let them make you doubt yourself. I tried everything and there was just no way I could be reliable to anyone.

I will be thinking of you and praying for you.
    Lil
  8. volvo

volvo New Member

hi kat i am also new and am so glad i found the site.
    There are so many things to read on it i havent got round to looking at it all yet.

I live in england so we do things differently here.

Good luck and have a healthy rest of the year.

regards volvo