Hello, I'm new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by breezy, Sep 7, 2002.

1. breezy

breezy New Member

Hi. I'm 46 years old and I have FM. I've had it for 6 years. I live in Canada near
    Toronto. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
  2. breezy

breezy New Member

Hi. I'm 46 years old and I have FM. I've had it for 6 years. I live in Canada near
    Toronto. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

Let me be the first to welcome you to the board. There are many here who have FM and are from Canada. I have both CFIDS and FMS and live in the US. But that doesn't mean we don't have things in common.

You have come to a great place to learn more about helping yourself and also to get great support from other members.

Barbara
  4. jeanann

jeanann New Member

Welcome to the board. I live in Alaska and there are no other folks on the board that I know of from Alaska. I have FMS dxd 10/2001. The board is great for information. warm ((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))) jean ann
  5. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

Hello Breezy, I'm glad you've joined us. Let us become your fmily of support.

I am 40 y.o., have FM, amongst other things, and am beginning to post 4-5 times a week now, as time allows. I work F.T. at the moment. I've been coming here for about 5 or 6 weeks now.

Though you live in Canada, it will seem like you're "next door" to the rest of us as we become better acquainted.

Enjoy reading posts, reading articles in the library, and searching for topics on the topic bar at the top of the page.

WELCOME, ............. Jill
  6. Winged_Kreatures

Winged_Kreatures New Member

I am new, too, so perhaps we can help each other get acquainted here. So, you live in Toronto. I have been there and it is a lovely city. You are fortunate to live in such a beautiful place. Its been a while since I have been there so I don't remember much, but I remember I was sorry to leave there.
    Having Fibro is a heck of a way to have to make friends but at least if you have friends with this illness, they understand how you feel. I have recognized myself in many of the posts I have read.
    I am sure you and I will learn a lot from being here.
    From one newbie to another....Welcome Breezy.
    Pammie
  7. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

We're all in the same boat!! That's what's so wonderful to me about coming here...bizarre symptoms that nobody I know of has but me discussed here by so many is comforting...I'm not alone, and people understand cause they're going thru it too.

I've gotten so much hope from hearing about others' success stories. I've just been dx'd w/ fms and cfids late July, but have had some of the symptoms for years...I'm 40. You can click on someone's name when you're reading a message & pull up their bio...a nice way to learn about everyone.

We do have Canadian members, if none reply to this post, make a new one mentioning you're from Canada...you could do a search messages (above) but you'll pull up messages w/ articles from physicians in Canada as well.

Take care. Look forward to seeing more of your posts, Michele
  8. breezy

breezy New Member

Thanks to all who welcomed me. What was I thinking? Of course we're in the same boat or I wouldn't be here! LOL!!! I have lots of trouble typing so my posts would be long ones unless I'm having a good day. I hope to find friendship, support and information through this group.
    Michelle, I hope there are lots of success stories - perhaps one day I might be one of those!
    I tried the bio thing, clicking on someone's name, and it didn't work. Where do I post my own bio?
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
  9. breezy

breezy New Member

Hi and thanks for the warm "first" welcome. I hope to make lots of online friends through this group.
    You're my first!
    Breezy
  10. breezy

breezy New Member

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome. I do hope to find support friendship and information through this group. Isn't the Internet wonderful?
    I think you must be quite brave living in Alaska. As I read your post I started to shiver it made me so cold just thinking about it! Brrrrrrr!!!!
    I have a freind that lived in Gjao Haven for a couple of years. That is Canada, not the US but still up there in the cold north.
    Nice to meet you jeanann,
    Breezy
  11. breezy

breezy New Member

Hello Jill and thank you for the warm welcome! You are one of the few that I have talked to that is able to work with all these terrible symptoms. And full-time too! I take my hat off to you! I could certainly never do it!
    Breezy
  12. breezy

breezy New Member

Hi Pammie! Wow, so you're new too! Then I guess we do have a lot in common! I'm glad you liked Toronto. It is indeed a nice city. I don't live right in T.O. but about 45 minutes out of the city in the suburbs. Where do you live?
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Breezy
  13. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Breezy, welcome to the board. I have had FM for 20 years, very painful illness.

Glad you found our board, and hope to hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  14. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Welcome.....this is a wonderful support group and, yes, we ARE all in the same boat. The best thing for me is that I no longer feel so isolated and abnormal. I know that so many people have my same symptoms and complaints as well as issues dealing with the lack of acceptance of our illness by others.
    I'm from the foothills of NC, and I am a nurse, still working full-time. It is so hard, but I really can't give up just yet. Financially, I don't see how we could live in our home without my income. My co-workers understand how fatigued and sore I am, so I'm allowed a little leeway. My MD admits he knows nothing about auto-immune, connective tissue, collagen vascular diseases and I think I scare him a little! I've gotten this reaction before, but the Rheumatologist I see is just wonderful and I don't even have to describe how I feel; he knows and can tell me!!!
    I have had these illnesses since 1974, but we had no name for them yet. It's nice to know there IS a cause for how I feel!!! In the 80's I thought I may have AIDS when the docs at Duke kept talking about my immune system! Whew!!!!!
    Enjoy reading and learning. My advice? Keep informed and make wise choices....we all help one another.
    With love,
    Kady
  15. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

Welcome to the board! I've already said hello on the Chit Chat board as you posted under my "Dogs" thread.

Yup, same boat -- I think it's called the "Royal DD"!

I'm 33 with FM and I've had it for almost 10 years now.

Welcome aboard! Grab a life jacket and make yourself at home. :)

-Shoobie
  16. breezy

breezy New Member

From one dog lover to another - thanks for the "Welcome Aboard!"
    Breezy
  17. dorothyanne

dorothyanne New Member

I welcomed you in your post on the Chit Chat, but as a Canadian, I will welcome you here too.

I live in a small city approximately 150 km northwest of Toronto. Whereabouts do you live? I look forward to reading your bio and getting to know you better.

Soft HUGS,

dorothyanne
  18. toniad

toniad New Member

I'm new too, but I've had fms for 3 years now. I'm 29. This is a very good outlet for me, so far. I'm extremely happy I found this board.

I look forward to getting to know you through your posts.

Well wishes,
    Tonia D.
  19. breezy

breezy New Member

Hi DorothyAnne: I live in Burlington, near Oakville and just under an hour from the Canadian/US border.
    I'm 46, married with 3 children. I know Toronto really well as I lived there for a number of years. I also lived in Mississauga. Where do you live and where and how do I post my bio?
    Breezy
  20. dorothyanne

dorothyanne New Member

Good a.m. Breezy, to post your bio (which I am anxious to read) you click on your name (in blue). The page that comes up has your name in blue at the top right hand corner. Under that is an option to Edit/view profile. Click on that and your away to the races. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Soft HUGS, Dorothyanne