Hello......I'm Still hangng in there.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Holly_RN, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Holly_RN

Holly_RN New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I'm still here, and hanging in there. My Mom had her kidney (cancer) surgery on the 10th of this month. She came home 4 days later, no thanks to Medicare, and it has been nightare. It has been very stressful for her and me. She has needed a lot of care, as she had drains and such to be emptied (by me, of course), and I have had a lot of difficulty with that old stress level. I am finding it hard to work/take are of my daughter, and my Mom. I spent Christmas in the ER with my Mom,who had a complication. Baaaaaahumbug. Anyway, I hope things have calmed a bit, and she is on the road to reovery.(I hope) I am scheduling a nervous breakdown for mid January LOL.
    Of course, just in time, I am having a HUGE fibro flare. Why not? (sigh)
    Anyway, that's where I am. Hope Everyone had a nice Christmas.
    With Friendship,
    ~Holly_RN~

[This Message was Edited on 12/30/2002]
  2. solargirl451

solargirl451 New Member

Dear Holly,

I just finished posting a thank you note, when I read your post. I feel bad for you. I've been there and done that several times in my past life which is probably the reason I am here right now. Take care of yourself, you are sooo important.

Cynthia
  3. Starla

Starla New Member

Me & my mom are in the same boat as you and your mom. Both with big medical issues. We always laugh about who is going to take care of who if we are both really bad at the same time. Fortunately it has always evened out where we can call on each other when we are down. But it is comical to think of me with fibro fog and pain "forgetfully" taking care of an ill mother. Did I give her her meds today, or did I just take hers? Did I leave my mom somewhere today, oops..forgot to get her out of the car! I know God will make a way when it gets that bad. But for now, it is so nice for moms and daughters to have one another.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Prayers going up for you. Hope the worst is over.

Love, Mikie
  5. sofy

sofy New Member

Hang in there is the best we can do sometimes. Try to let everything slide that is not sooo important. Do the sheets really have to be washed every Friday? Who will know when we are all gone. The demands on you are mega right now so let it go if it can wait or isnt REALLY important. Am so glad you took a minute to tell us you are managing. Hope it is a small measure of comfort to know you are in our thoughts.
  6. JP

JP New Member

I do hope your Mom is on the mend and you are doing better as you read this note. You seem to have a bit of humor left in you...this is good. I hope it continues to increase and you can reschedule the breakdown...lol. You and your family are in my prayers. Hang in there...

hugs,jan
  7. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I am soo sorry to hear you are under so much stress and having to do so much. i wish that there was someone to help ease this load for you. I have to say you are one heck of a devoted Daughter. it just goes to show how much you truly love your Mom. My heart goes out to you along with prayers. Take care of yourself okay.
    A big soft hug being sent your way. Sound as if you need it...
    Love,
    Joannie
  8. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Dear Holly RN:
    I'm an RNtoo and know the stress level you are under. I've just finished 2 years of caring for my dying sisterinlaw, my severely depressed brother, my daughter and her small children after my soninlaw's accidental death at a young age. We are still living with my daughter to help her and the precious kids through this. I KNOW what stress level is.
    One suggestion for your situation with your mother: Since she has medicare, have you tried contacting a home health agency? I used to work home health care and know for a fact that with medicare she can get home care by an rn or home health aid, etc as needed. It doesn't matter if you are an RN and living with her, she still qualifies for assistance covered by medicare. I hope this might help you.
    hang in there - it will get better - lots of love and support to be found on this board!!!!
    sue