Hello jgavi are you out there.....Regarding God !!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FibroJo, Dec 28, 2005.

1. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

jgavi, I understand what you are saying about all the awful things in the world but I believe we humans have done that not God. God gave us free will and look what we did with it.

I respect your belief but just wanted to let you know that I do not think it is God letting the wars go on and terrorism, and all the other evil things. It is we humans with our free will allowing this evil to enter into our lives and lead us away from what God would really want.
  2. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

bumping for jgavi
  3. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I don't mean to butt in, but because of your post I went back and read jgavi's posts on the other thread. I can understand jgavi's comments. I, however, am agnostic - meaning that I hold the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and unknowable.

However, I am a student of philosophy and comparative religion. I have read the bible and find that the book is filled with horrific stories of torture, murder, mass oppression, infidelity, bigotry, etc. all in the name of god. The proposed treatment of women alone was enough to turn me away whole-heartedly (according to the bible if a man rapes a woman, they BOTH get stoned to death, a woman is worth half what a man is worth and women are to be stoned to death for many, many different offenses).

However, in the bible it says that god created evil - so therefore it could be easily argued that he/she would be responsible for the "evil" things in the world.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

(Although some translations have altered this passage to replace "evil" with "disaster" or something more softened.)

Anyway, I don't want to start a huge debate or problem here, I'm just making some observations and voicing my opinion.

4. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member