Hello, just introducing myself

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AudieS, Jul 9, 2006.

1. AudieS

AudieS New Member

Hello
    I have had CFS/FMS for about 10 years now and recently signed up at prohealth. I am interested in hearing about new meds/herbs or whatever as like most of you I have tried everything I can to finally start seeing some relief in some/any of my symptoms.
    I am also interested in participating in online support chats. Is there a designated time that any of you meet online?
    Last but not least, does anyone have suggestions of legitimate "at home" computer work to compensate for at least some of my income. I had to quit my job and we could really use extra money. Obviously it would have to be something from home and on the computer. I have researched the internet to no end and unfortunately I am finding nothing but scams. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I hope this finds you feeling the best you possibly can and look forward to meeting others that can relate to what I am going through with this disease.
    Have a great day
    AudieS
  2. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

Doesn't seem to be many about right now!!
    I just wanted to welcome you to this site. You will find a wonderful family of support here!!

As far as an herbal/natural approach, Stormyskye is who you need to talk to. I have FM and use the medical approach. You will find many that use one of the other and some use both!!

About the work at home, there was a post a while back..but I don't remember!! LOL !! My brain is off on vacation I think!! If you will type "work at home" into the search box at the top of the page you will probably find it!!

Hope this has helped some. Again, welcome, and please just jump right in!!

P.S. I just read your bio, and if you'll look at mine I think we have alot in common!! Looking forward to being friends!! :)
    [This Message was Edited on 07/10/2006]
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

In a hurry today but I wanted to say welcome. People here use many different supports from nutrition to strong meds so you will always find someone who can advise you.

Plenty of support also for off topic issues. I hope you posted a profile BTW.

Love Anne Cromwell
  4. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I'm SO GLAD you found us!

I too found this site recently and was diagnosed 11 years ago.

I think that a combination of medical treatment and natural supplements is the way to go, FOR ME.

Chatting has no specific time. Just log on. SOmetimes a bunch of people will be in another room (like depression room) so just pop in over there and say hi.

Everyone is SO NICE and wonderful on this site!
    I KNOW you will have a good experience and gain a lot of information.

Luv & gentle hugs,
    CockatooMom

5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am so happy you found this message board! Not happy that you are sick though:( I think you will find a great deal of comfort in communicating with others who are in the same boat as yourself.

As far as at home computer work, I don't really know. I have seen ads for "Medical transcription" or "Graphic artist" type classes you can take at home online. I have no idea if that is a scam or not. I am taking a "Early childhood education" assiociate degree couse online. I love to work with kids, and I pray by the time I finish the course, I'll be well enough to work at least part time! Maybe you could do telemarketing of some sort? Sell magazines, avon, I don't know, just trying to help, haha!

Anyway, Welcome, post often,
    Your Friend,
    Kellyann
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Board.

Lots of nice people here. No designated chat time. Just pop into the chat room and see if someone is there. Or, you can post a message giving a time to meet.

Recent posts dealing w/ work at home have been on typing and ironing.
  7. Santafemimi

Santafemimi New Member

Hello Audie,

I too am new to the site, but I am liking what I am seeing and learing, and everyone here seems very nice. Just wanted to give you a tip on some home work. Check with a local hospital, sometimes, they look for people to do at home billing entry. The only downfall is that you would have to pick up and drop off your work, other than that, the rest is done on your computer at home. One other source of income is tax prepartion at home. You could take a course to learn to be a tx preparer, and work from home.

Good luck Audie, hope you find something soon,

Mimi
  8. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

HI
    Would you be willing to start a chat about CO?

thanks
    cunningtax@excite.com

TIM
  9. WinniethePoohA

WinniethePoohA New Member

Hi AudieS,
    I, too, am a +10 year survivor of CFIDS & feel your pain.

work ideas:
    medical billing
    medical or legal transcription
    cosmetics or other promoted by YOUR website & mailed to
    the customer; you do Avon; Mary Kay when you can
    & repeat business is thru website; some
    liquid/oil candles--Firelights.com might work &
    I think the co. sends out your WEB info & Phone
    to your customers
    How about house sitting? Take in mail, trash cans, feed
    fish, turn on lights. Even every other day??
    Computer Skills to set up websites for others?
    Bookkeeping/Bill pay for others?
    Do you knit? Sew? Crochet? Sell it on EBAY or to local
    craft distributer/gift shop/swap meet. Build an
    inventory & sell what you have
    Nana Visits @ nursing home/assisted complex 1X/week for
    those with no local family. I'd gladly pay $25-30

10. WinniethePoohA

WinniethePoohA New Member

Winnie the Pooh A again...guess I hit reply before I finished.

Nana visits and/or calls could be COOL! The relatives would flip over knowing someone sees, chats, etc. w/Nana or Papa and the lovely elders would cherish the visits. That could be 2-4 CALLS and 1 hour every other week. If you have the energy 4 it, could be good for you, TOO! It could work for elderly neighbor right next door or on your street. You'd become skilled in making contact, sit to chat, maybe fluff a pillow & a quick graceful exit.

Book/Movie reviews. Don't know where to find them, but I know there are places that pay for that work.

(Candle or Cosmetic sales: Set up an easy to pull out display @ your home & have initial "party/ies" at your house. You'd conserve travel energy. Don't fuss on food.
    Just put out cookies n' iced tea. Let your wares be your show.)

Write some sort of community/family bulletin for your area/county/school district? Publish in local paper or on your own website?

That's about all I've got