Hello Just signed on and excited to talk to other Fibropeople

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibro-Kel, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Fibro-Kel

Fibro-Kel New Member

Hello! This is my first time signing on! Just wanted to get some encouragement and give some encouragement as well as support to other people with "Fibromyalgia"! I do have a quick question though.... Does anyone else, ever wake up several times @ night? Tonight my "not so supportive husband" was "throwing that up in my face", because I'm normally up every 2-4 hours, like clock work! He thinks I'm a freak! So, I'd welcome any feedback on that subject. And at the risk of sounding like an idiot... Am I supposed to abbreviate when I type my message??? Sorry guys', but like I said, this is my first time!
  2. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Sleep problems are very common to people with FM. I take a prescription sleeping pill every night. You are not a freak, or if you are- we all are. Luckily my husband also has to take sleeping pills every night.
    Welcome to the board. I think you will enjoy it.
    LOL, Nanna
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

You've found a wonderful place for information, where just about anything you can think of to ask, someone has experience with it.

And yes, the sleep problems are normal but I take Trazadone at night to help me sleep and it works great.

We do use abbreviations here and if you do a search with "abbreviations" in it, there's a lengthy list.

Also, we always break up our paragraphs so it's easier to read. Many of us have trouble or can't read a long paragraph.

I'm sorry to hear your hubby isn't supportive, you're not a freak hon, you're ill.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I hope you find this to be a place of warmth and support as I have. I've been a member here for several years and this board has helped me through my worst days.

As for getting up at night, this is definitely part of FMS. After years of searching, I finally found a doctor who has helped my FMS a lot. I also found a great urologist who helped me with my interstitial cystitis problem. The reason I was up all night was running to the bathroom and pain. Now that both of those problems are better, I sleep so much better. Still don't get enough of stage 4 (the deepest sleep), but I am so thankful to get more rest after years of not sleeping well.

I can't believe the way your husband is acting. He is acting like you CHOOSE to do this! I looked at your profile and see you live in Indiana! I haven't heard of the town you live in. I live in Southern Michigan about 30 minutes from Toledo, Ohio. I am 47 years old and still work part-time as a secretary at a small college.

It sounds like you have a busy life with all those boys! As for your husband, would he be willing to read about FMS? That really helped my husband understand. That and going to my support group meetings. He saw other people that were like me.

You don't have to abbreviate. I hate it when people do that. On my brain-fog days, it's harder to read.

Anyway, welcome to this board and ask any questions you need to. We are here for you!

Ellen
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Fibro-kel:
    Welcome. You surely are in the right place. And yes, re: waking up at night. My doctor believes there is a cycle of sleep that is not right with many of us with FM/CFS. Right or wrong, I do not know, but I trust him.

I take Ambien, Klonopin and Elavil to sleep. So far,so good.

Wishing you well,

nyrofan
  6. insanelady

insanelady New Member

I am new here also.I keep trying to find out info because I have a problem that I find hard to handle and that is the cold and it drives me crazy. I wake up several times a night and then after a while I will crash for 2 or 3 nights then it starts all over again. Part of fibro so they say
  7. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I can relate to most of what you said. I wake up several times a night also. But, even though I'm married, I sleep alone. Between my snoring and his kicking it saved my marriage. LOL

I enjoy having my own room, my own space. I can decorate it however I want...mine is cats...and he can do the same...his is nautical...although I do most of his decorating too.

2 1/2 years ago I lost my son (by a previous relationship) and having my own room saved my sanity. Hubby understands and has been very supportive of everything.

Hopefully yours will learn more about this dastardly disease and become more supportive too.

God Bless.
  8. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Hi Firbro-Kel:

Welcome to the boards. I think you will find a lot of useful information here.

As for the waking up part someone just wrote on that asking how many woke up at 3 a.m. There were a lot of responses. To see things like that do a search at the top of the page and it will direct you.

I now take Ambien for sleep and have since 1993. I used to wake up every 2 hours. I still wake up at about 3, but then go back to sleep. What also helped for us is I got a Tempurpedic bed. You can't feel the movement in the bed so when I get up or my husband does it doesn't bother the other person.

As far as hubby goes, fibro has a sleep disorder as part of this whole syndrome. You are not a freak. If he thinks that you wouldn't want to sleep through the night like most people, I'm sure he's sadly mistaken. If we could all get a good nights sleep, restorative sleep it would help us so much.

Welcome again.

(I just bumped the article on "How many of you wake at 3 a.m. so look for that)
    M J

[This Message was Edited on 04/25/2006]
  9. omafor4

omafor4 New Member

call your doctor and see if they will give you amitriptyline. this is the most used for sleep or elavil. You need to get into the fourth stage of sleep so that your body can help with the pain of fibo. good luck and sorry to have another fibo with us. oma
  10. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Kel-

I just wanted to share something that helped me and my b/f in dealing with Fibro- and a relationship.. it's something one of the members husbands wrote about his wife...

if you search the phrase below in titles it should pop up for you. The original poster was jennyjams

A Partner's Thoughts on Dealing With A Loved One's Fibro
    --------------------------------------------------------

Be well.
    Zzz
  11. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

You bet i think iam up more than iam down,lol and my husband says if i dident stay up all night on the computer ied get sleep or if i went to bed at a decent hour i would get more rest. Oh well i just look turn and walk away and say maybe one day you will get it. Take care all.angelkisses
  12. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Hey does anyone know how to space our sentences? i dont know how and would like to make it easier for outhers to read my post,thanks ahead of time. Angelkisses
  13. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

just hit enter and break your posts up into paragraphs every so often, just like typing and making a new paragraph.
  14. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Just want to say welcome!

Claudia
  15. srh

srh New Member

Glad you found this site. Hope you find it as informative and helpful as I do.

Sleeping with the FM is terrible.

The other night my hubby thought he'd help me out and give me 4 mg Zanaflex instead of the 8 I usually take. He won't do that again!!!

Yes, you got it, he gets my pills for me every night. Quite a change from his dad, who can't do anything for himself, let alone anyone else!! Sorry that wasn't necessary. Forgive me!!!!!

Hugs..... and welcome to the family.
  16. mevy

mevy New Member

Welcome to the board Fibro-Kel. This is a great place to vent and read how all of us handle our fibro/cfs and all our daily stuff. Sorry you need to be here though. You will find alot of good advise and help from many people. I haven't posted on the board only a couple of times. I do spend alot of time reading the boards forhelp. Good luck. Oh as for the waking up at 3 am. Welcome to that too. Ain't it awful? I wake up about every 2-3 hours all night long. Nothing seems to help much. I was diagnosed with fibro and cfs in May '05. Had problems for 2 years before that though. Again ask any questions you need to. Someone will be able to help. Good luck and best wishes.
    Mevy
  17. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

Welcome, I'm from Indiana also!!!

I think the not sleeping was one of the first symptoms of Fibro. Shortly after that, I started the pain.

I am also on sleep meds and muscle relaxers. I sleep much better now.

Hugs,

Jodi
  18. snickerdoodle48

snickerdoodle48 New Member

Hi Fibro -Kel! Sleep problems are very real with fibro -usually because of the pain.

One other thing to consider is - are you a female? If so, how old are you? It could also be hormonal in the early stages of change.

Just something to consider that could add to the problem. Snickerdoodle