Hello Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrorebel, Mar 21, 2003.

1. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

Hi-
    I am brand new to the board and really love it!
    Earlier I posted a general question about Guayfenesin
    and haven't gotten a response yet. I noticed you mentioned
    guay treatment in one of your messages and wondered if you
    were talking about the same thing? If so can you give me
    the skinny on what to expect? I would so appreciate it as
    I am planning to start on it within a week- I'm desperate!
    So thankful to have discovered you all (was most certainly Divine help), the comradery is great.

Thanks for listening,

Fibro Rebel
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Did you check your post? I did answer you. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the board to update. Check again.

Love, Mikie
  3. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

Gotta love it when there are two minds on the same wave length, I was posting that message to you as you were answer
    -ing my other post. Thanks greatly,I have not read the book you mentioned but I do have the Survival Manual by Devin
    Starlanyl which is where I found out about the treatment.
    I will look for this other one this weekend. So what do you think might be a practical time before I can actually start it? I am very anxious to see what it can do for me
    as I am at my most miserable I have ever been, barring the
    months after my car accident.
    Oh, I tried to search for past posts as you suggested
    and came up with 0 results, not sure if I did something wrong or what.
    love, Rebel
  4. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

You are an angel!Isn't it amazing what this fog does to our
    spelling? I changed the spelling and a wealth of info
    popped up. I appreciate your taking time to clue me in,
    seems like I need more of those lately.Peace to you,
    love,
    Rebel
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You asked about when you might start taking the Guai. There isn't a time frame other than having read the book and understanding the protocol. Most importantly, you should remove all sals from your supplements, meds, and personal-care items. This can take a while to accomplish. If you have sals in your regimen, the Guai will not work. The book lists 1,000 common sals in things like lotions, makeup, toothpaste, mouthwash, etc. You must become very good at reading labels for hidden sals. For instance, AHA's in products are OK, but BHA's are not. Any toothpaste or mouthwash with mint cannot be used. You can chew cinnamon gum but not mint gum. As you can see from just these few examples, being sal-free can take some time and adjustment.

It is very important to understand the dosing protocol too. Taking too much Guai can cause such painful Guai flares that you will not want to continue with the treatment.

This is a long-term treatment with the rule of thumb that it can take 2-3 months on the Guai for every year you have been sick with FMS. For me, that means 2-3 years. You have to be patient on this treatment. It is the only treatment which offers the possibility of reversing the symptoms of FMS. It is not a cure, but right now, it's the next-best thing. Good luck and feel free to ask questions after you have read the book.

Love, Mikie