Hello my fellow Painpals ! I am back!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pacotaco, Oct 7, 2009.

1. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

Hi evryone !! I have missed all of you an missed all the help i recieved here an friendship,an I miss trying to help others here also.I know I won't be able to write much because as you all know, these horrible combination of pain,fatigue,migraines n etc just gets us everytime..I hope you have been having some great days sincw we can not escape it totally.I see some new Painpals have joined our home away from home. welcome.I hope to stay n contribute because i sure have missed this site.I forgot how warm everyone here is n how you can feel the love thru the computer! So much has been going on in my life,new illnesses have hit me,new troubles but I am fighting to keep strong.well, i will say my prayers for all my painpals here on prohealth to have some peaceful days with as little pain as possible. Take care n have a restful evening no matter what the time is where youre at....miss pacotaco.....
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Pacotaco, glad to have you here again. I had been missing myself for awhile, but am back again .

I have been around here over 8 years, seems like a life time sometimes.

I so hope you get to feeling better soon, you sure have a lot on your plate. I have Fibro, Depression, and now and then the CFS. So know some of what you are living with.

Again, welcome back............

Shalom, Shirl
  3. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

i AM TOUCHED BY YOUR SINCERE COMMENT,THANK YOU FOR IT. I HOPE THAT YOU GET TO FEELING SOMEWHAT BETTER SOON,I WISH FOR YOU TOO HAVE NO PAIN OR ANYTHING BUT GOOD HEALTH,BUT WE KNOW WHAT THIS ILLNESS DOES TO US..I WILL PRAYE FOR YOU THOUGH.NOW WITH THE COLD N THE RAIN COMMOMG,WE ALLK NEED EXTRA PRAYERS FOR EACH OTHER.....GB66,I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT EVENING,KEEP WARM N FUZZY IF POSSIBLE....(((HUGGIES)))
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2009]
  4. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

I DO APPRECIATE YOUR WARM WELCOME,THANK YOU FOR IT. YOU ARE SO RIGHT WHEN YOU SAY THAT YOU EXPIERENCE THE SAME SYMPTONS AS I DO, WE ALL HERE DO RELATE SO WELL WITH ONE ANOTHER BECAUSE AS PAINPALS,WE ALL FEEL EACHOTHER FROM THE INSIDE OUT! IT IS SAD FOR ALL OF US,BUT AT THE SAME TIME,WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN HELP BECAUSE OF THAT FACT...HOPE I CAN HELP IN SOME WAY SHIRL.....HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING N KEEP WARM... p.s./ i am so sorry that i typed all caps.,i didnt realize it till too late n it is alot of words to redo,i hope this doesnt affect you or anyone else, i will be more careful next time...forgive me.....
  5. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Hi there, and I'm glad to meet you!

My ailments include Fibro, depression, anemia, and miscellaneous nuisances. Ain't it fun?

I'll be looking for your posts. You seem like a lot of fun!

:) Fay
  6. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

glad to see that you are back.....I've wondered where you were....sorry that things have been so rough, though
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes, you keep warm too. That is not a big problem for me, I live in Louisiana and its 85 degrees around here right now :). Even the dog is complaining about the heat.

But last winter we had 20" of snow! Oh boy, that was a shock to me, we rarely have weather that is that cold! I just had to go outside and play in it, and got bronchial asthma! Wow, was I sick. I will not go play in snow again, should it happen around here, this is only the third time in my life that I had seen snow like this, we usually have mild winters!

But I do keep the a/c down pretty low, I need the heating pad, and so I keep it pretty cool in the house so I can use it.

Don't worry about the caps, I can read it and I am sure everyone else can too. We all do strange things at times around here. Its to be expected anyway...

If I can help you, just let me know. That is what we are here for, to help one another, and if nothing else support each other.

You are always welcome here, this is 'home' to so many of us with these terrible illnesses.

Take care of yourself, and get as much rest as you can.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2009]
  8. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

Hi yourself n though I wish we were not afflicted here,it is great to meet you also! thanku...Sorry you have to deal with so much..I relate with you, there is so much that hits us,we just don't have the time or energy to put it all down..but in time, we can do it lil by lil or when we need advice!!! have a good day n or evening painpal......hope ur pain level is low!!!
  9. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

Thankyou for your welcome n for remembering me !! I needed sum time to gather my senses n deal..The pain gets so bad an the depression is horrible but you know this already and it is the reason you understand..greatful for painpals like you...are you doing ok yourself these days? I hope you havent had to suffer too much..to say not at all ,well we know thats not possible....take care Aunt Tammie....
  10. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

We really do have to make allowances for each other, don't we? I have a hard time remembering Usernames and I'm never sure if I met one of you before or not! Haha!

I do know Shirl now though, and AuntTammie too. And I think I'll remember PacoTaco, that's such a cute name!

I haven't been on here too long myself, a few months. I'm learning my away around and today posted on the ChitChat board. There's some fun stuff going on over there. Hope you get a chance to visit there.

It's cold here today and a Northeaster moving in. Tomorrow a high of 43 degrees and rain! The worst possible Fibro weather. Ugh! No use complaining. I'm inside and warm. God is good.

Take care everyone and stay as comfortable as possible.

Hugs,
    Fay
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You are not the only one that has problems remembering names, so do I. Being a moderator, I am going through posts/people sometimes at high speed, and will forget who I am answering (as high as my speed will go:).

Then I have to go back and check who I am writing too. But it works out anyway. Sometimes the names will stay in the back of my mind somewhere, and when I see them they come forward!

I think we all do that. Then all of a sudden the 'light bulb' goes off, and I say; 'Oh yea' I remember her/him!'

I used to write names down on a tablet by the computer, but I found myself with seven or eight tablets, and that made things more confusion, so I quit doing that one.

Sorry you are having cold weather, I know that is hard, although it does not get too cold here, but we do have some terrible dampness in the winter, and a lot of humidity in the summer. One is bad as the other.

But you ladies that live where it snows, that I can't deal with! That is really cold!

Keep warm, stay indoors if you can.

Shalom, Shirl

12. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I am as ok as possible....just spent too much time writing a statement for the upcoming CFSAC meeting and am really feeling it today (pain and exhaustion, and all the fun typical flare up symptoms)...but I think it was worth it - felt good to be able to maybe make my voice heard a little and hopefully make a difference....anyway, thanks for asking, and like I said, I am glad to see you are back
  13. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

It's good to see you. Sorry to hear you're still suffering so much. I completely relate. I remember you and your wonderful name. It has such a happy ring to it. :)

These are exciting days for us right now. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope they've found some answers for us finally.

tee
  14. shelby11

shelby11 New Member

Hi I am Meme. I am new here. I am looking I guess just for some compassion. My family has none, but I guess it is my fault. I try to be normal and do what needs to be done.I go to the nursing home to tke care of my mom and help out in my granddaughters school and I am married and keep house, cook and try to take care of my yard. I have bad days like today of depression. My pain dr which just gave me three injections said he is trying to keep me out of a wheel chair, and I turn to a mesage board for someone to listen. How sad huh? I hope we talk again meme
  15. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

to say I love that phrase "painpals"! Funny and not so funny!!!
  16. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

Love the name~~~~ it is very fitting huh..so sorry to get to meet you this way,but i am happy to meet you otherwise,an wellcome with the love n friendship that i was given when i joined!!So sorry that you have to go thru all this.I know how hard it is.the fibro n fatigue is bad enuff but we all know that it doesnt end there!! we wake up to new cranks all the time. but this is the place to get lots of good,no great advice on situations you need help with,an just to gab!! Is it good weather where you live? i mean good for the fibro? i hope todays a good day for you cuz i know we have 3 good days to every 150 bad days!! lol,never funny really is it..but we need to pick up eachothers spirits ya know...talk to u soon i hope Fibro Fay...i am doing fairly good with my spelling 2day,but be forwarned hun...usually you would refer to my typing skills in the same manner as a person spitting words out, haha!! many mispelled words,but i try.....=p
  17. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

how are u today?? Truely hope that your not in too much pain or more than you can handle. Is it possible to handle such indiscribible pain?? I still have a hard time here,have you had days on end when your fingers hurt ,arm,elbows,shoulders n shoulder blades hurt so bad that you can't pick up your pillow? bet you have..well these types of days are here n i can't seem to help myself.Is there something that you do for yourself that helps? it makes it so hard to sleep for me,i have to sleep only on my right cuz my discs in my back make it impossible to sleep on my left,n it is my right that this happens to so just to press my shoulder on my bed is excruciating pain! i have not slept well in 5 days.if you have any helpful hints,i will give you a thousand gold coins!!!! I would if I had them....lol!!!!take care Shirl......
  18. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

This is the perfect place to come for compassion!!! we all have it for one another. I am so sorry you are having troubles! What a awful time for us huh...no cure for us in sight,all we can do is to figure out what to do for ourselves n share it with the others,plus the meds they give us,an we need to be careful with that also because of our kidneys n liver!! a big cycle isnt it....well if I my ever be able to help you,please know i am so willing to do so......have a blessed week n see ya here!!!!!
  19. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

Hi Aunt Tammie, how are you doing these days?? Hopefully the pain your having is not too unbearable for you. I dont just assume that your in pain,it is just I know that I always have much pain,so i know you do also. Hate to be right on this subject!! We all have pain,the question is,how high is our pain level for the day or week,so hope your level is low.....I just know that sometime this feels like a "thing" we are all going through an it is going to go away soon enough. It seems so awful to kinow that this is what we are to be for the rest of our lives. It is said that people who were busy busy buisy, are now afflicted as we are because "it" has caught up with us n affected our nervous system. HMMMMM...well all I know is,that it seems to be a big ? . still have a hard time figureing this illness out.but.....i went off the subject of how your pain is today. have you been able to relax mentally an physically with peace in your life? I sure hope so.....I wish for you to have a wonderful week....take care...
  20. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

Hope that you are feeling the best possible today. The word I use,"painpals", fits the board made up of FM/CF patients who converse back n forth by posting eachother. Penpals are people who write on paper to eachother,we type it out so we are one anothers painpals,we are all in pain,and have become pals,but the use of the word is my way of saying hello to everyone n to let them all know that I know the pain that is suffered here ,makes it for a more "Family" feeling......take care.....painpal...lol,funny yes it can be....