hello My name is dolfenn43 (susan)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolfenn43, Sep 5, 2005.

1. dolfenn43

dolfenn43 New Member

Ive had fibro and restless leg syndrome 4 yrs. now. Also have been on strong pain meds. This fibro hit me fast and hard. I fought this dx for months. I didnt want to have it. I work as a medical assistant. And I remember the docs giving the fibro dx so freely. So my thinking was that people with this were people that complained all the time and the doc couldnt figure it out so he would tell them they had fibro. Boy, that came back and haunted me. I still wounder if some doctors are just not willing to listen to there patients so they can referrer them to the right doctor or dig deeper. I was luckly I guess. She sent me to a few doctors, rhumatoligist and a infectious doc. cuz when this first started I had a temp of 100 to 102 everyday for atleast 1 yr. that yr. really was terrible.Felt like I couldnt move and on top of that I had to work. I couldnt deal and except what was going on and no one could tell me why the temp.Except that it wasnt anything to do with the fibro. Antway Im doing better. Not like I was b-4 this started of course.
    I do have a question. Does or did anyone ever have temps. with the begining of their fibro.
    thanks for listening,
    dolfenn
  2. heartinheaven

heartinheaven New Member

Yes, I have had temporery temps with FM for a long long time. They have never been able to tell me why. My wife is a nurse and it baffels her. I also have hot flashes and chills often too. One day, hopefully, they will be able to enlighten us all, especially the non believers!

Nice to meet you...

H Michael

PS. your name associated with the bottle nose type?
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

I like your user name ... cute! I'm sorry you have fibro, but this is a good place for information, direction and support. I think you'll really like it here.

I didn't have fever when fibro first hit. Just the opposite in fact ... chronic low temps. It wasn't until later that the sore throats, swollen glands and low grade frevers showed up. 'Course, thats when CFS was added to the dx.

I don't believe my temps ever got as high as 101-102.
    99-100 is enough to take me out. The classic low grade fever is what gets me.

Good luck on this ... I'm looking forward to seeing if anyone else has experienced this.

Take care,

Elsa
  4. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

Welcome to the board!

I generally run at temp of about 97 degrees but there are times I will run 99 to 100. No one can explain it to me although I have heard that those with Chronic Fatique do run fevers. Maybe you have both. My Dr. thinks I do.

Peaceful mind and body to all!

Marcia
  5. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome to a great Board!! You will find lots of caring, supportive and understanding people here.

I didnt really run a temp. but every since FMS and CFS...I tend to either be Hot or Cold...Mostly being Hot..like im having hot flashes...not sure if it related are not!!!

Hope to read more post from you and im glad you are doing better then what you were...Take Care of You!!

Welcome Aboard!!
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  6. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Welcome! I'm glad you're here. I've found so much support and wisdom on this board.

I thought of a book when I read you are a medical assistant. Maybe you've already read it, but if not, you might like it. It was written by a medical assistant with FM. It is:

The First Year--Fibromyalgia: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed (The First Year Series) (Paperback)
    by Claudia Craig Marek

It has tons of information delivered in an easy-to-read format. I think it has a lot to offer, even for those who have been diagnosed for a long time.

Anyway, I'll look forward to your posts!

Francie

7. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

and welcome to the board. You have come to the right place for help, advice, info and support from a great group of people.

hugs
    brit