Hello ...new here..have ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luvmydoggy, Aug 6, 2008.

1. luvmydoggy

luvmydoggy New Member

My foster daughter recently mentioned to me that someone she knew was drinking a combo of vinegar and raw honey to help reduce FM pain?
    Is there any merit to this?
    I have tried many homeopathic remedies, Noni , Vegan/ vegetarian diet and the like and still suffered thru the ups and down of pain for most of my life.
    I don't want to take what a new doctor recommended (Lyrica) so hoping someone here may know some information about this...thank you so much
  2. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I too have fms I have not tried the drink you mentioned but I am on Lyrica and it helps quite a bit with the pain, fatigue and some with the fibro fog. I have a lot of nausea problems so I can't drink things that are weird without being sick, so that is why I do not take herbal remedies or homeopthic remedies. Good luck to you I hope you can find something to help you.

3. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Welcome to our forum.

From what I have read vinegar is supposed to help a lot of things.

I don't know about honey, but since it isn't pasturized I would be concerned.

I take Lyrica - saved my life. You might want to just give it a try.

Good Luck - Lillie
  4. landra

landra New Member

Both vinegar and honey have been discussed quite a bit - maybe a few months ago. Put either one in the search box above the messages.

I don't think the combo was discussed. I have CFS so I did not pay attention to whether it was for pain. But lots of info!

If that does not give you enough - put vinegar/honey?for pain in your title!!
  5. optimiss

optimiss New Member

So glad to have you join us Luvmydoggy!! Obviously you have a furbaby? What's his/her name? There are many animal lovers here, I'm one of them! As far as the vinegar/honey combo. I haven't tried it but I don't think it would hurt! I did take Lyrica for 5 wks. but couldn't tolerate it. Too bad, it sounded so promising! I'm glad it's working for some!

Again, welcome to our board!!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/09/2008]