Hello New to the site

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunny_71459, Jun 3, 2008.

1. sunny_71459

sunny_71459 New Member

Hello Everyone,
    Until today I really never thought much about Fibro. I have only been in pain for the last 6 months are so. Done so many blood test and MRI`S & Cat scans and nothing showed up. I was told sorry I cant find anything wrong with you. Was given Neurontin and bacoflen and said this should help. The bacoflen does help with the spasms sometimes. Was given pain pills and they have no effect on my pain at all.
    Then was told I need a psy eval and testing ( which I still have to do). I have one person out of all the docs I have seen so far actually listen to me. She is a CNS RxN. She prescribes my sleep medication and depression medicene. She told me today she really thinks I have Fibro. Im not sure If I believe it are not yet myself. BUt when I read all the systoms. It was like my own list of compliants. I mean dead on! Its almost scary.
    She gave me lyrica 50mg to start taking. So I am praying it helps.

Any advice is welcome
    Thanks in advance
  2. mindyandy420

mindyandy420 New Member

TO THE SITE!!!!! I CANNOT GIVE YOU MUCH ADVICE ON FIBRO. I'M SURE MANY PEOPLE HERE CAN HELP....AGAIN WELCOME!!!!!
  3. SoDanca

SoDanca New Member

Hello there, and welcome! I'm new to this messageboard as well - I just signed up today. I was diagnosed with CFS a few days ago. It's nice to have a place to come and share with folks who "get" what I'm going through. You'll find alot of info on both Fibro and CFS here.
  4. tonia1990

tonia1990 New Member

Welcome to the family!
    I know you came to the right place for support.
    Hugs
  5. Jennifun

Jennifun New Member

The best thing I have learned to do is get as much information from reliable sites and educate yourself in positive things you can do to promote the quality of your life by managing your pain yourself!!

It is amazing what you can learn!

Also check if you can find a support group nearby, and I really learnt well from a pain management course lots of tools and strategies to use to keep pain from taking over my life!!!

Take care there is lots to help you out there!!

Jennifun
  6. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

Hi sunny weclome to the board and all the othre newies too

I have been diagnosed with FM for bout 3 years now I guess and have had to retire last year, Iam 58

You will learn heaps here, go through the archives, ask quesions and do research on the net, also ask your doctor about things you find, maybe have certain tests done etc

It takes us heaps of time to be comfortable with what we have i still am not, I guess because so many GP's are NOT supportive

Lyrica is good although I have heaped on the weight, its a matter of trying things your heart says may be ok

Listen to your body please.....

Good luck

angel hugs and miles of smiles

Connie
  7. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I have had severe Fibromyalgia since 1997 and have found this site to be the greatest!! They are like family to me. The late nights I cant sleep i come here, or when the pain or many other weird symptoms are trying to take over my life. These precious people understand, encourage and are flat just wonderful!!!You will learn much here and find those that will understand you when your own friends and family don't. Again welcome and come back often!! Blessings to you and gentle hugs!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/04/2008]
  8. sunny_71459

sunny_71459 New Member

Thanks everyone for the welcome, and the advice. I plan on doing some major research try educate myself on what I m dealing with. It is great to know I am not the only one with this wierd stuff no one understands. Its a relief in a way... Thanks again....
    p.s.

Hope questions are okay cause I have a feeling I will be asking alot
  9. sunny_71459

sunny_71459 New Member

Thanks everyone for the welcome, and the advice. I plan on doing some major research try educate myself on what I m dealing with. It is great to know I am not the only one with this wierd stuff no one understands. Its a relief in a way... Thanks again....
    p.s.

Hope questions are okay cause I have a feeling I will be asking alot
  10. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

Morning sunny, self educationis great, you can discuss it here and then hoping you having an unsderstand doctor discuss it with them

Good luck and look forward to those questions

angel hugs

Connie