Hello, One more try

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tjlibby, Jul 1, 2003.

1. tjlibby

tjlibby New Member

Hello.
    I have posted 3 times and it disappears.. I have FM and Lupus. Somtimes I can't tell what disease is acting up.. What is the difference? Do you know? Thanks Teri
  2. lot57

lot57 New Member

i dont really have an answer to your question as i have only FM.
    just thought i'd reply so you would know that your post is up and being read.
    hopfully someone will come along soon who has the knowledge you are seeking. there are alot of nice folks here :)
  3. yoganurse

yoganurse New Member

Fibro and Lupus do share some of the same symptoms so it is very difficult sometimes to figure out which one is causing what. Lupus is an auto-immune disease that causes episodes of inflammation in joints, tendons, and other connective tissues and organs. Some symptoms are facial rash, skin rash, sun sensitivity, low WBC count, kidney dysfunction, etc. In Fibro there is an achy pain and stiffness in soft tissues, muscles, tendons and ligaments. The difference here is that the Lupus causes inflammation and Fibro does not. Some symptoms are easy to say they are Lupus like the rashes, organ involvemwnt, etc., but the achiness and discomfort can come from both. Hope this helps!
  4. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

Teri, sorry it took you 3 posts for you to get a response! Sometimes the board moves pretty fast, causing posted messages to move to the second or even third page. And some people take the weekend off, so that could be an additional cause.

One thing you can do if it happens is just bump your original message by posting a reply that just says "bump".

I may have seen one of your original posts, but because I didn't have an answer I didn't reply. And I didn't think about bumping! Sorry.
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

WELCOME!!! I'm so sorry you didn't get timely replies~~that happens, especially on the weekends~~this is a fast-paced board and we TRY to BUMP things that haven't been replied to, but we're all kinda fibro-fogged and often self-absorbed, due to our own health issues. Please don't think it was intentional.
    I was diagnosed with SLE as well, back in the 80's, but that diagnosis has often been debated by other doctors. My lab results and symptoms are wishy-washy! At this point, I have an autoimmune, connective tissue, collagen vascular disease of some sort with Lupus qualities, chronic myofascial pain, chronic angioedema/urticaria of an autoimmune type, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue!!!! I have severe spinal stenosis with nerve impingement, joint arthropathy and herniated discs in my LS spine which causes horrible low back pain, I also have sciatica or piriformis syndrome causing "butt" pain which is REALLY painful at this moment because I drove today. I get very depressed, even suicidal when on certain meds, my weight fluctuates GREATLY as does my energy level, I have vascular-type headaches, I swell terribly all over, my BP, cholesterol and triglycerides are high, but treated, I have non-alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver..............
    Lord, isn't that plenty??????