HELLO OUT THERE...NEED SERIOUS SUPPORT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Dec 20, 2002.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Please just tell me it will go away and I'll be fine. Telling myself today doesn't seem to be working. Sore all over. Teeth (need root canal but can't have it until the infection and swelling to down), every muscle, nerve. Ouch. Think I'll nap for an hour or 2 with the dog. After taking meds, compounded by antibiotics and pain meds last night, I slept 11 hours. Haven't done that in years. Body must have needed it (like right now again). After physical therapy this AM, wiped-out again. Good night. Taking my meds and napping again.

Soft hugs to everyone. Hope you are having a good day.
  2. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

HELLO TEDEBEAR,
    AM ALSO IN A LOT OF PAIN TODAY....HAVE FOUND TO QUIET MY MIND AND TAKE HOT BATH W/BATH SALTS, SLOWLY POUR HOT WATER OVER YOUR ACHY MUSCLES. PUT HOT WASCLOTH ON TENDER PARTS, AND RE SOAK , REPEAT. THE MOVEMENT OF THE HOT WATER SEEMS TO SOOTHE THE NERVE ENDINGS THAT CAUSE YOU ALL THE PAIN. I AM SO SORRY YOU ARE HAVING A BAD DAY, WE HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER.
    WHEN I NEED TO CALM MY MIND FORM FIXING ON THE PAIN, I READ PSALMS IT SEEMS GOD KNOWS ABOUT SUFFERING! SOME OF THEM EVEN VALIDATE THE DEPRESSIVE FELLINGS WE HAVE IN THE
    THROWS OF A MAJOR FLARE UP. XXXX'S & 000'S TO YOU FROM ME.
    BY THE WAY, I AM A GRANDMOTHER,AND MOTHER OF 6. BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE. HAD FMS/ETC. FOR 28 YRS.
    GOD LOVES US 1MAQT
    [This Message was Edited on 12/20/2002]
  3. PAT

PAT New Member

I know that when I go through the really bad days it seems there will never be any relief in sight. But there will be a good day, so keep that in mind.
    I just had the worst 4 weeks of my life with pain and fatigue.I don't know why it got so bad, but I do know that last night and the night before, I FINALLY got deep, uninterrupted sleep. I woke up today, and wanted to shout from the roof top! I only took 1/2 of my usual pain med dose!
    You will definitly feel better once you get your teeth worked on and the infection cleared up. Infection can just wipe us FM people out for days. I usually find I am better for a few weeks after I have had a round of antibiotics.
    Well, I am rambling, just wanted to say,hang on, a good day come before you know it. Get all the rest you can!
    Patti G
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sweetie, if you've got an infection in your mouth, it can wipe you out physically. Just rest up; you need it. Are you on antibiotics to get the swelling down so they can do the root canal?

Love, Mikie
  5. kaymac

kaymac New Member

Sorry to hear your pain and frustration. I was there just a few weeks ago too. I know when you are in it, you just need assurance that someone really hears and understands.....I truly do.....I pray you will feel some better real soon. Merry Christmas.

kaymac
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Gee that infected mouth is enough to whipe you out, you sure don't need to rest of what you have.

Do stay in bed, rest as much as possible, and I hope they gave you something for that infection, you sure need it.

Yes, we will sleep like a bear hibernating when our bodies have more than their share of hurts.

You just take care, drink lots of fluids, eat soft food, or light soups till you can get that root canal done. That just drains you of everything.

Take care, and let us know how you are doing.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

and to be able to do PT today, Wow! You rest up and I have had a few root cannals and they arn't bad these days. Like having a filling. Take it easy and know we are here for you, Kim and Gary
  8. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I hope as I am writing this, that you and pup are curled up under a warm quilt, and sleeping soundly.
    You just keep resting, and taking those meds that will make that root canal possible. Probably once you can tackle that hurdle, the sun will shine again.
    Best wishes, Karen
  9. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Thank-you each and everyone of you that helped me with the lovely support notes.
    Still not doing well. I have antibiotics, max dose of vicodin. I just can't seem to quiet it down yet.
    If my husband would just back-off too asking me to finish things for the holidays, I think maybe I can help the pain let-up if I just rest and relax.
    Soft hugs to everyone. Take care. I'm gonna try.