HELLO! Remember me? I'm back!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CockatooMom, Aug 21, 2007.

1. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hi everyone! It's been since April that I posted anything. I updated my profile today too.

Well...school starts next week. Finally, my last year! I should've graduated this year, but when my husband left me in the middle of my hardest semester last fall, I didn't make the grade and have to repeat a nursing class this coming fall. So it's taking me a year longer than planned.

I don't want to go back, but it has to be done. I feel like I've lost my passion for being a nurse. Not to mention school has increased the pain and fatigue I experience on a daily basis.

I have a boyfriend that is extremely supportive and is understanding when it comes to my FM and other ailments. I'm not sure where this will lead, but that's ok too.

I want to know how you all are doing, so please let me know!

Gentle hugs,
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2007]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I remember you and your little dog too. Oh no, it was an umbrella cockatoo. First time I ever heard of such a bird.

Sorry things haven't been going so well. Good luck w/ your final coursework.

No big changes here. Just keep trudging along.

3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Glad to hear from you. I remember your name mostly because birds frighten me...their little beaks make me nervous! And, they can fly at you. EWWWW!

Enough of my phobias...

Glad you are heading for the last of your schooling...it will be well worth it, take it from me. My ex left me (dumb guy, like yours) as I was in school to become a teacher. I was 38, married over 17 years, with two sons, 15 and 12...

I made it through...long haul, but majorly worth it.

Hang in there.

4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I feel we all become friends and I missed talking to people when I was gone.
    sorry you have to take your classes over.I will pray for you .I dont get on everyday but I try to at least once a week.
    Ill catch up more later have a Great Day !
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just started another semester of school yesterday..glad you are back to finish school and wish you the best of luck...

i just carpal tunnel surgery on 8/13..,well it is still not completely healed (incision is still open), anyways. just sick of kaiser the hmo...set me up w/wrong dr. today...

i could've screamed and cried at the same time.

6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Yes, I remember you, and that we share the same birthday. :) Glad to see that you are moving on with your life. Sorry about the setback in school, but you seem to know that it needs to be done. Hope the new boyfriend in your life is treating you well. I bet you guys have fun on the motorcycles I saw in your pic.

I am doing okay. All of my kids are in school full-time now, my little one was only half-day in Kindergarten last year, but is a first grader now. I find that the change is a little strange, being home all day. But I am determined to do some things that I enjoy. I am trying to get better as this year health-wise has been pretty bad.

Trying to stay positive, and I hope you are too. We can focus on all that is good in our lives. Sorry about the rough time you went through. It does sound like there are some good things going on in your life now. I hope it continues. Keep us updated. Kim :)