Hello Rene

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Busyknitter2, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

How are things with you? How is your Mom doing? How did it go at the house? I hope you got some rest.

I am trying to get some things done. There are still things that need to be closed out and taken care of with Daddy, and things that I neflected around here while Daddy was sick.

Daddy's good friend's wife called Wednesday night. She wanted to know why we had showed Daddy where we did. I told her it had alot to do with price. She told me Daddys was already paid for where we showed Momma. I told her my brother had checked there after Daddy passed. She informed me that he had told them a long time ago that he had taken care of it. My brother said the same thing, but when he checked he was told no.

I do not understand, after Daddy found out he had cancer he told me what he wanted to be buried in and about his two little life insurance policies. He said that should be enough to bury him and he even said "I don't know where you will want to have me but Stevens always did a good job." We are going to check into it.

We are going to keep Alexis tonight. It has been a long time since we have. She told us that we could not be Draven's Nana and Papa.

Draven says "Nana" and he said "Papa" last night. He is 9 months now.

My brother is still being nice and caring. I talked to him yesterday and I laughed at something he said and Bill said "You know it is good to hear you laugh when you are talking to your brother." We will see.

Please let me know how things are going. Take care.

God bless; Pam
  2. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, how are you? Glad to hear Bud is still being nice and caring. I bet you enjoyed having ALexis over. Will she be in school soon? I hope you get some kind of refund if your dad prepaid that place.

I went to my moms house yesterday and the guys took her dressers and a couch (don't know whos couch it was) and threw some stuff away. There was lots of cards in one of her drawers. It was sad. I am glad she is alive as I couldn't clear some of her stuff out with her gone.

There is still tons of stuff (not hers). My brother also sold her washer and dryer and put in some old ones. I didn't see him and I can tell nobodys broke in but I think hes sleeping in the back yard.

Saw my mom today. Same as always. SHe wasn't being mean so thats good.

Take care,

3. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am sorry that your Mom's house was a mess. It does sound like there are still alot of keep sakes. I can't believe that your brother sold her good washer and dryer. Is there any way that you can keep him out of the back yard.

We had a very good time with Alexis. She is so sweet and innocent. On the way home she was acting like she was talking to "Hoppie" up in heaven. It brought tears to my eyes. I did not let her see them. She misses him and really does not understand. We are suppose to go to a parade tomorrow and an "Old Settlers Festival" with the grandbabies and Alan and Andrea.

This evening we went out to dinner with some friends. If I didn't know better I would think people are trying to keep me busy. I still have my moments it is amazing the things that make me think.

Next week I think we need to start getting rid of some of the stuff in the apartment. I want to check and see what Bud wants to keep, etc.

I am glad that you Mom wasn't in a mean mood. You and her both are still in my prayers.

I hope that you get some much deserved rest this weekend. Take care.

God bless; Pam
  4. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, oh I so glad you went out to eat and are going to out tomorrow to a parade. That will make your dad happy to see you out. You sure are blessed to have your grandkids as you already know.

Saw my mom again yesterday. She was so so. Last night the NH called at 10 pm to tell me her levels are low and they are calling the dr. Then the called me at 11 pm and told me they are ordering blood work and cutting out some of her med.

Didn't get a call through the night but was kinda expecting too.

Her house is still a major mess. Someones wedding dress was in the garage. Tons of stuff that isn't even hers. I took her jewerly box (my brother stole some of her diamonds ect yrs ago) that I had bought her 15 yrs ago.

I don't think I can keep him out as I don't know when hes there. Also the phone rang at her house!! I called her old number and it was disconnected so I don't know how it rang. I think he hotwired it from outside.

Today she was extremely agitated every single minute.

I am so glad to hear you are getting out a bit. You deserve it after everything you've been through.

Take care and I hope you have a wonderful day to enjoy your parade.

5. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

We did not go to the parade today. We met a friend of mine for breakfast and as soon as I ate I started feeling sick, and it is so hot here. Alan called back and said that they didn't get to go either they got held up. Bill and I thought that we could take them to the festival either tomorrow or Tues. and let Alexis ride a few rides, maybe even Draven can ride the Merry go round.

How is your Mom doing today? I hope that every thing leveled out. Did they say what made them decide to take her off of some of her medience?

I feel a little bit better now. I just stay so tired all of the time.

Are you able to get any rest? Take care and let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 08/06/2007]
  6. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi I hope that everything is ok.
  7. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, how are you? I think you have our weather. We were 104 on sat then in the 70s on sun which is weird for CA to have such a range in temp. Its gonna be 80s all week.

Hope you feel good enough to get out with the kids this week. You do though need to rest too. I'm not doing so good either. I didn't stay long at the NH. I didn't even shower. My wasn't agitated today thankfully. The nurse goes "you've raised such a good daughter" and she goes uh huh.

How is you brother acting? I hope good. I'm gonna have to go out to the house again to get tons of stuff thrown out. I hope my brother is gone.

Is your brother gonna stay in that apartment? Its for seniors right?

Are all the kids doing ok??

Take care,

8. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

We are going to the fair today. It is so hot so I hope no one gets sick. I don't do hot weather very well.

The kids are all doing great. Alexis still wonders at times why Hoppie had to die and go to heaven. Draven is growing it seems like daily.

Bill and I took my brother out to dinner with us last night. It was a nice time. We went back to the apartment he had found a suitcase full of pictures they brought back so many memories. It was a sad time as well as a good time.

We left and he walked us out. We hugged and I said I love you, he hugge me tight and said I love you too Sis. I got in the truck and he said something to Bill. I asked Bill what he said and it was "Bill make sure you take care of her." Bill said "always". Which he does all the time. I told Bill I love having a brother but I am scared. As he told me just be careful and don't turn you back yet. Momma and Daddy always wanted us to be close. We were when we where younger.

I am sorry that you aren't feeling well either. I am also glad that the nurse said what she did to your Mom and she replied uh yuh. I now it meant a lot to you. The nurse even reconized what a wonderful daughter you are to your Mom.

If it is at all possible please make sure that someone goes to the house with you when you go. Just in case your brother shows up.

I need to get ready to go to the fair. Take care and get some rest.

God bless; Pam
  9. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam,so how did it go today at the fair? That would be so much fun to go. Glad your brother is being nice. Why do you think he is now being nice?

Well today I got to the NH at about 12:15 and my mom said a sentance and then she ate and couldn't breath AGAIN. I had only been in her room maybe 2 minutes.

The aid was with me and I kept telling him "my mom can't breath" and hes like no shes ok. The he started to do the hymlick and I ran and got the nurse. Then a couple of min they called code blue and her oxy levels went to 55.

So we were at the emergency. My poor mom. They let her out at 4 pm and back to the NH.

I'm mad cause I call the NH at 10:30 and told then that my mom said she wanted to have her lungs suctioned out. At 1130 my mom said they didn't do it.

Well I'm so tired. I was tired when I got there and was only gonna stay 30 min at the most. I don't know what would have happened if I wasnt there again as the aide did think anything was wrong.

Take care,
  10. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am so very sorry to hear about you poor Mom. It is a lucky thing that you where there when you where. Did she choke on something? Is that why the aid did the hymlick? 55 is a dangerously low level. I take it that they got her lined out since she is back at the NH. I know it was very scary for you.

I don't blame you for being mad at the NH. If you told them that your Mom needed suctioned they should have gotten right on it.

It was fun at the fair, but it was so hot. Alexis rode some rides and played some games. Draven even rode the Merry go Round. She loves to ride the tilt ta whirl with her Daddy and Papa. She calls it the tit ta whirl.

I think my brother has finally woke up. He told me the other day that he was getting the people that love him back in his life. I hope it lasts, it is going to take me a long while to trust him.

You mentioned being mad at the NH. I am very angry at my parents family Dr. both of them where in stage 4 cancer before it was found. They both got their check ups like clock work. Something does not make sense. I tried to get Daddy to change but he wouldn't do it. I think I am going to request a copy of all of his medical records.

I hope you are able to get some rest and not worry to much about your Mom. I know easier said than done. Take care. You guys are in my prayers.

God bless; Pam
  11. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, glad you had a good time at the fair. That tilt a whirle was my favorite ride too. Must have been cute to see Draven on the merry go round.

You are right to be mad about them not catching your parents stage 4 cancer. I think think that also happened to Dana Reeves too. Did they do an autopsy on your dad?

My mom has aspiration pneomonia. Water and food get into her lungs and cause an infection. I also read it can be do to overdosing too.

Do you know how low oxy levels can go before you die? I asked the nurses at the hospital and they didn't know.

Well I can't sleep so I thought I'd get back to ya.

I am really glad about your brother. Hope he keeps it up.

Take care,

12. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am sorry to hear about your Mom's pneumonia. My grandfather had that also. I am not sure about the oxy levels. I do know they said with Daddy that anything below 90 is not good and they really started jumping the time it went down to 79. your poor Mom had to really be fighting to get any kind of breath with it being 40 something.

It was fun with the kids. I am paying for it today,I am really achy. Alexis' face on the tilt ta whirl was priceless. Draven was good on the merry go round with his Daddy holding him. Alan said he kept saying Nana.

Alan loves his children so much. I was talking to a young man I helped when he was in school. I told him Alan had two children, he said "I'm sorry". Alan quickly said "I love it, it is the best thing that ever happened to me".

Alan was going thru a wild stage when he found out that
    Alexis was on the way. I was really concerned. He changed his ways at once. I called him a man a while after that. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and said Mom that is the first time you said I was a man. I told him that was because he had not acted like a man up until now. I have been told by people that they where worried when they found out that Alan was going to become a Dad, but he sure stepped up to the responsibilty.

I too hope my brother keeps up the way he is. He has even been talking to his daughter. He is staying away from drinking and he says he is not going to get involved with the wrong kind of women any more. I hope so.

Where you able to get any rest? I am sure that it is hard with your Mom having pneumonia. As people kept telling me, you are not good to any one if you get down. Take care of yourself.

God bless; Pam
  13. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, how are You? Glad you had a good time at the fair. Sounds like everyone is doing good. Alan did step up to the plate and sounds like hes a good father. Did you brother always used to drink and thats what made him mean?

Today was so so. My mom didn't get suctioned out today so I got the nurse. The nurse was giving my mom a hard time and trying to make it look like my mom didn't want the treatment but my mom did.

They put about 1 foot of tube down her to make her cough so my mom likes to hold on to it. The nurse said "well your gonna pull it out so I'm gonna take it out". I told the nurse shes just holding on and to go ahead and do the procedure. THe nurse got a good amout out of her lungs.

Well tomorrow I'll be at the house. Really scared about that plus I don't think I can make it to my moms. Hope she will be alright.

You dad an pneomonia right?

Well I talk to ya later.
    Take care,

14. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

My brother is an alcoholic. Yes he was a mean drunk. My grandmother, grandfather, uncle on my Momma's side, and 2 uncles on Daddy's side when alcoholics also. When he lived with his last long term relationship they got into cocaine.

He was really a sweet person when he was younger unless he got drunk. It wasn't all the time like it was. It seemed to get really bad after we lost Momma.

I can not believe that nurse treated your Mom that way. I bet it made you mad. Is she feeling any better? She has been thru so much, poor thing.

Yes, Daddy had pneumonia. They where able to get that cleared up tho.

I have been going thru papers and pictures today and it is kind of a sad thing. I have to fax a death certificate to another crediter. I don't think it will ever be over.

Please be careful tomorrow when you go to the house. Can you take someone with you? If it looks like anyone is there call the police.

Take care of yourself and get some rest.

God bless; Pam
  15. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, how are you? Yes that is sad to see the old pictures. I'm glad your brother is being nice. How long did it take to clear up your dads pneomonia?

Well when I got to the house two helpers said they chased a guy who was sleeping in the back yard. I asked if he threatened them and they said no.

There were 4 guys and they got out a lot finaly. Its a lot better to get strangers belongings out of her house. I'm gonna have to hire for one more clean up as they garbage co won't pick up anymore for a yr.

I called my mom and she sounded bad very raspy. I was in the car heading home when I called her. I called her back about 30 min later and she sounded so much better. They did her treatment.

I'm so paranoid over her. Always have been but now after 3 emergencys in 30 days I'm really scared.

Well do you have any plans for the weekend?

Is your weather cooling off?

Well I'm beat so I'm gonna go.
    Take care,
  16. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I do not blame you at all for being so worried about your Mom. I bet every time the phone rings you are almost afraid to answer it. She has been thru so much. She is very lucky to have a daughter like you.

Do you think that the guy they chased off was your brother? I am glad that they got rid of him before you got there. I know that you will be so glad when the house is cleaned out.

I talked to my brother again today. He told me that he told Zach (his son) that he had three people left in his life, Zach, Amber, and me. I got to thinking about something today. Another reason he got into drinking so heavy was when my my niece (Amber) got married she wrote Bud a letter and said that her mom's xboyfriend was going to give her away instead of Bud. It broke his heart. This is after he bought her a brand new car. Than she got mad when he didn't go to the wedding. He is a differnt person. He even asked me if I was ok that I sounded down. I am still on guard tho, he is really going to have to gain my trust again.

I hope that you can get some much deserved rest. No we don't have any plans for this weekend. Some friends want us to go to the state fair but it is going to be to hot and I just don't feel up to it. Let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
  17. Rene

Rene New Member

Hey Pam, how are you doing? I'm glad Bud is thankful for who he has in his life. Is he being ok about dividing up your dads belongings?

Well I saw my mom and she was ok I guess. She started to go to sleep and I haven't really seen her sleep and it scared me as she didn't have any meds recently to make her sleepy. I didn't like it. I'm like "mom are you alright"?

I don't know who was in the back yard but the last time the cops found someone else. They threw out the foam mattress and everything that was on the back porch. He left a duffle bag, stuffed with stuff, in the house and they trough it out on the curb too. So who knows who was there but if he comes around I bet he went through the stuff on the curb.

Take care,
  18. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

So far Bud is being good about Daddy's things. As for the furniture Daddy wanted Bud to have it. I really don't need furniture. He did ask me if I wanted the china hutch. I am going to take that. There are a couple of chests and he asked me if either of the boys wanted them. Alan said he would take one. There was two litte blue vases that I wanted and I got them. I may take a few of the knick knacks. I just wanted a couple of rememberances of Momma and Daddy.

The two checks for the life insurance policy in both of our names came yesterday. We also each got the first annuity check. It made me cry, as Bill said that means it is final. I wish the other check would get here so I can get the funeral paid for. I don't want Bill to get stuck with any of it and I don't want to have to pay for it being late. The guy has been so nice.

How is your Mom today. Did she still go to sleep when you where there yesterday? How is she doing without that medication?

I am glad that they got rid of that old mattress and stuff. He is in for a shock if he comes back. I know you will be really glad to get done with that house. Will you have to put it on the market?

I am having a tuff day. I am really missing Daddy today. It is wierd for the last few nights I have been dreaming about my Momma. One of them, her, me, and my Grandma where staying in a hotel to be close to the hospital because Daddy had just passed away and my grandpa was sick in the same hospital. My grandfather passed away in 86, my grandmother in 96, Momma in 98. Last night I dreamed about just Momma. I told Bill I just got where I could bear her not being here and than I lost Daddy. I like to think of them both in heaven and enjoying being togather again.

Once again I went on and on. I count my self fortunate that I have a friend to "talk" to. Thanks for always being here. Please know that I am here any time you need to "talk"

I hope you are getting some much deserved rest. Talk to you later.

God bless; Pam
  19. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, I'm sorry you're missing your dad so much its awful. I don't know what to say just that he is not suffering anymore. One day you will all be together again and try to think of that. That is good that you're getting the china hutch. That is perfect. The china is gone right?

I thought SS paid part of a funeral but I checked and they don't. I need to pick a funeral home as the NH needs one and its a big deal if you don't have one picked out.

Yes its good the house is 80% empty. Oddly you'd think i'd be sad but it was so trashed it looks more like her house empty then it did full.

I saw her today. She was so so. She didn't have her breathing treatment either she told me. I had to go track down the nurse and ask to get it done.

One good thing is I finally was able to get the dr changed. He even came in yesterday and hes coming back to see her next week. My mom said he was nice. I heard he is mean to the nurses.

Well it was a nice day in the upper 80s. I got the movie "The Queeen" at the library so I'm gonna watch it and take it tomorrow to the NH so Jennifer can watch it. Jennifer is 44 with ms and she is in Pams old bed.

Oh don't apologize for going on. I don't even think you ever go on and on.

Well I talk to ya later!
    Take care,

20. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

We rented The Queen, it was a good movie. I am sure that you will like it.

Bill is going back to work on Monday. He is going back to driving a truck. He has tried other things and it has not worked out. He is excited and dreading it all at the same time. We have been togather so much of the time that it is going to be a big switch. I will be able to go with him at times. I use to do it from time to time before.

We got to see the Grandbabies yesterday. Draven keeps asking for Nana. I actually got to hear it yesterday. Bill was holding him and he kept looking at me. He said "you want your ole Nana." Alexis spoke up and said "she is my Nana for ever." Little bit of competition and jealously. LOL

I can understand how you feel about your Mom's house. It is a shame that they trashed it the way they did. Some people are awful.

It was very hot today. Our thermometer said 98. I can not take the real hot weather. I love the fall and spring.

I hope your Mom does ok. Did she feel better after her breathing treatment? I am also glad that you where able to change her Dr. to one she likes. It sounds like he is for the patient and exspects the nurses to do what is best for the patient.

You are so sweet to take the movie to the girl. I am sure that she appreciates it.

Take care.
    God bless; Pam