Hello Rene

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Busyknitter2, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Happy New Year. We were suppose to go over to Andrea's parents house but decided not to. Her bil gets drunk all of the time and gets mouthy and we did not want to be around it. We tried to get them to let us keep Alexis but Alan wanted to ring in the New Year with his family. He did call at 12:00. Bill and I were in bed by 12:20. Big party people LOL.

I have corn beef in the crock pot for dinner. We always have it on New Years Day.

How are you feeling. You have so much to do and so many responsibilties. You really do a great job with everything.

I don't blame you for wanted to get a nanny cam. Why did they not come in to feed her until so late anyway. Who are they to decide when it is to late or to close to another meal for someone.

That is very nice of Robert to offer to go to the house with you. I hope you do not have to go thru the eviction process again. Have you hear anything from your brother?

I don't know what the law is in Indiana about squatters. I do know that a pregnant woman can not be evicted. There was a lady that use to live down the street that got pregnant on purpose about 15 years ago. I also know that you have to give 30 days notice to evict but that is for someone who has lived in the house and is behind in rent or causing problem.

Our town is pretty small, we do have a bank now, 2 gas/many marts and a restaurant. We have no postoffice. They where suppose to build a big theme park about 5 miles away and it was said that a Hardees and all kinds of places where going to build in Belleville but the people putting in the theme park went broke before they even started.

I was ok with that I like a small town. It is one of those where they roll up the sidewalks after 9:00. Plainfield is about 10 miles away. It is really growing they just put in a big Metoplis outside mall a year ago. Indianapolis is about 22 miles away. That is where I was born and raised until Bill and I bought this house back in 77.

Bill and I will be married 34 years on February 4. We got back in contact with an old friend of ours and the guy made the comment that he finally married his high school sweetheart, this is his 4th marriage. Bill said I married my junior high sweetheart. He moved away for a few years and came back. Friends set us up on a "blind date" and three and a half months later we where married. He is my best friend.

We I really went on and on. I hope you are feeling better and some how can get some rest. Let me know how you are.

God bless; Pam
  2. Rene

Rene New Member

HI Pam Happy New years to you too! I too was in bed early. Yea I remember you telling me about pregant women can't be evicted.

Wow your town is pretty small. But that is good you aren't to far from a mall or Indianapolis. Funny I only get to a mall once a yr. I have Target and Linen & things and Michaels and Boarders book store across the street.

So you and BIll dated in Jr High? Wow. Married after 3 months. Good for you!

I'm still sick and did go see my mom for 30 min yesterday and thats it. I bumped into that Robert again.

I don't know when well get to the house cause I'm sick then Thurs out due to moms dr appt and Fri we are having a major storm actually it hits on Thurs.

Robert says hes trying to stay busy. Wifes been gone 2 months. Hes trying to get a job. I don't know why he hasn't worked for a yr. or what kind of work he does.

I called my mom last night and she was yelling take me home I'm going home. Oh I feel so bad. She said shes been yelling all night.

Today on the phone she sounded normal and even asked how I was.

I don't think I will make it today. I'm still have this bad cold and really tired. I will keep calling her.

I read on a lawyers web site that NH patients have a right to eat at the time the patient wants to eat. My mom had been sleeping at the time.

Well guess I'll go for now. I looked on Bath and BOdy works web site and they are having a big sale Til the 7th I think.
    Take care,
  3. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am sorry that you still are sick. I know it is so hard for you to take care of yourself as you should and get everything done you have to do. I am glad that your mom sounded better on the phone. It is so hard for her to understand what is going on and that it is for her best where she is.

I hope you get to feeling better. I hope your storm is not to bad. It has snowed here almost all day. It has been slow so I don't think we have alot. They said something about 1-3 inches. We didn't get a white Christmas but we did a New Year.

I hope you get to feeling better real soon. Take care.

God bless; Pam
  4. Rene

Rene New Member

HI How are you? Well I went to the NH today was to tired yesterday and my cold is alot better today.

Alice's daughter ,Debi was visiting from L A about 7 hours away. SHe is very nice. Debi thinks her mom,Alice is happy there. I wouldn't go that far.

Debi has a 6 ft tall hyper retarded son. It is so hard for her i'm sure. Debi got her moms house.

I asked her if there is anything she wants me to look for and she said no that she thinks things are really good.

Tomorrow we go to the drs. The storm, which is to bring in 10 feet of snow to tahoe (90 miles) from her will be here tomorrow. I went and got new wiper blades tonight.

Well I didn't even take a shower yet from yesterday to save energy. I am going to to that now.

Take care,
  5. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi I am glad that you are feeling better. How was your Mom today? I don't remember is Alice you Mom's roomate? Is that daughter the only relative she has? I am sure that it is hard on her caring for her son.

We have a little snow here. I do not like the snow. After the first snow I don't want anymore. It is very cold, they said it would be 2 degrees in the morning.

Bill had his good friend ask to borrow $1500 yesterday. He told him no. That is the best way to damage a friendship. This guy is honest and would probably pay it back. He is a beer drinker, but he does work.

It is late and I am worn out. I am going to write a quick letter to Bill's aunt. She has no computer so we communicate by phone or snail mail.

I hope you continue to feel better. Talk to you later.

God bless; Pam
  6. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hope everything is ok. How is your weather?
  7. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, how are you? Good idea on not borrowing money out. It almost never works out. Hows ALexis? Bet she can't wait for school.

Boy are we having a storm. Our electricity went out for hours and we had 70 mile an hour winds. Its still windy and rainy but not a bad. I went to the NH and we sat in the dark for 2 hours.

Went to moms drs yesterday and he didnt say much. We are going to a hand dr. We may amputate her arm. It was my idea. He thinks that would be a good idea and they do the surgery AWAKE! DO you know anything on amputation? I can't find much info on amputation.

We will see.

Alice is across the hall from my mom. My moms roommate only speaks spanish but she never talks and is always asleep. She doesn't mind my mom acting out as she is asleep!

My cold is so much better but of couse now the weather is bad when it was so nice when I was sick!!

Well talk to ya later!
  8. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

How is your weather? I hope things have quieted down. I went out to wal-mart and kroger yesterday and it wore me out and I was really hurting after words.

We met a friend for breakfast this morning. When I was assitant director at the day care we hired her and her and I became good friends. She is one of those friends who would do any thing for you. She is crazy about Alexis. Her mother passed away the day that Alexis was born.

I am sorry that they may have to amputate your mom's arm. I know that will be rough. How is she doing other than her arm.

I am glad that you are feeling better with your cold. I hope you can get some rest and such.

Alexis is ready to go back to school. Alan will take her Monday. I told him I would do it Wednesday.

I am going to get my pjs on and relax. Let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
  9. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, oh thats sound good going out for breakfast. I'll have to do that one day. Yes our storm is gone. Well the big part of it.

My neighbor finally wrote me back and said a limb from a small tree in my moms front yard broke. He said he hasn't seen anyone at the house since my cleanup. BUt that isn't true as he told me Brent took a matress into the back yard.

My mom is so so. We kinda had a bad day with the help BUT the aid was so nice and it wasn't her fault. I felt so bad for her and everyone was mad at her and she was working so hard. We had to wait an hour for her to put my mom in bed. My mom can only be up an hour.

I have to meet with the supervisors and obudsman tomorrow again. Its kinda a joke. THe supervisor said nothing or offered to help about the meds. I had to take care of it myself.

My mom isn't as zombied out or so drugged out.

Where is BIll off to next? HOw is ALan doing??

Take care,
  10. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi how are things. It is so rainy here. There are a record number of flood warnings. We are lucky we are where it doesn't flood. Yesterday we where running around in shirt sleeves.

Alexis enjoyed her first day back to prek. She loves school. I hope it continues when she gets in school where she has to go all day.

How are things with your Mom. How did your meeting go with the NH and others? You have had to deal with so much. Your Mom has been thru so much too.

I am very achy today so I am not going to set here very long. Please let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
  11. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, sorry your not so good. I think I saw your storm on our local news. Will BIll be back this weekend? Does he drive in the snow?

The meeting didn't happen yesterday, I was the only one who showed up.

I'm kinda upset because this mean filapino nurse raised her voice at me and also said "your always reporting on us you think we don't know that? everybody says you report on everyone" I told her to calm down that shes upsetting my mom and she just kept going.

If it doesn't get back to them then how do they learn. They are shoveling down gobs of food down her and not sitting her up right. Now I have to make another complaint.

I'm not used to being yelled at. There was no one around to tell.

She was being rude to leslie too before me. I couldn't believe Leslie put up with it. Leslie usually doesn't put up with stuff.

Now I'm so upset and tomorrow I have to go to the house which I don't want to.

Sorry for going on. I just hope I'm not making things worse for my mom. Do you think I am?
    Take care,

12. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

No I don't think you are making things worse for your Mom. They are suppose to be taking care of your Mom and doing what is best for her. They are suppose to go by what you and/or her Drs. say, not what they decide to do. They definately are not suppose to yell at the patients or members of their family. It is a shame that you did not have a little recorder in your pocket to catch her yelling at you.

You are being a great daughter and doing every thing that you can to give your Mom the best life that you can. You have been wonderful to her. You have so much to deal with. Did that guy who's wife died go with you? I hope you had someone with you.

I took Alexis to pre-k today and went to the store so I am worn out. I am going to pick stuff up and try to relax. Take care of yourself and I am here any time you need to talk.

God bless; Pam
  13. Rene

Rene New Member

HI Pam, Sorry your so worn out. Is everthing ok with your car?

Well me and Robert went. One neighbor a few houses down said everything has been quiet. She said they'd come to the house and the police kept being called til they got run out.

Oh I'm so glad. RObert is nice and he talked a whole lot about his wife. I hope I helped him too. I was wishing he'd want to live there but he says its to far.

The supervisor I talked to was sugesting maybe find an alternative place. She goes "this isn't the first time you have had a problem with someone" I don't know if she mean arguing. I go "yea you should find another place for that mean nurse"

I did well on my composure with that mean RN. I did file with the state today and from now on I will not complain anymore unless its the state.

The supervisor upset me more then what happened. There is another supervisor who makes me feel better but shes hard to get.

My mom right now is in a crazed screaming episode. So awful. I ordered her ativan. There is nothing I can do for her while she is out of her mind, nothing.

Well your words and listening mean so much to me. Please if you can't write back soon don't push yourself.

Take care,
  14. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I got on the computer to refill a Rx and thought I would check to see if you had been here.

I am sorry that the supervisor said what she did. If her employees did what they where suppose to you would not have to complain.

It takes a special person to work in a NH. They really have to care about the elderly. I have friend who in a CNA and she loves working with the elderly and it shows.

I am glad that Robert went to the house with you. Hopefully who ever kept going to the house finally took the hint.

Alan came and picked up Alexis. She told me she wanted to go see her brother but not Mom (Andrea). She wanted to be with her Daddy too. She hit her head going in the door and Alan was hugging her and she said "Papa". She misses him so much when he is on the road.

Well I am going to get off of here. Take care and get some rest.

Do you know why your Mom is in her screaming fit? I know how hard it is for you.

God bless; Pam
  15. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, how are you? I hope Andrea is being nice to ALexis. You are so lucky to have grandkids.

One day I want to be a foster mom if I get better. I've read every book in Sac county on foster kids.

I don't know why she acts like that. She pulled out her cath last night and the right before I got there today.

I talked to the rns to see if they can check her meds. There are 2 new RNS and they seem nice enough.

I talked again to the social worker who is a supervisor and I what the other supervisor did. She said thats not right and she is talking to another upper supervisor tomorrow.

I swear I don't need all this drama! My poor mom. SHe is just waiting to die like everyone else there and has to suffer but I don't want her gone.

Well I may have to go back tonight depends on if the mean RN is there.

Good that you have a friend who really likes her job with the patients. My mom did it too for 5 yrs and she passed out meds.

My mom was always kind and we'd have patients come over to the house sometimes too just for a visit.
    Well I really went on again.

Bill will be home tomorrow?

Take care,
  16. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

How are things. I still feel icky, my throat is scratchy and my neck hurts, it feels like my glands are swollen up.

I am glad that you talked to the two RNs and the supervisior. I hope that you will get results from one or all of them.

I think being a foster mom would be wonderful. Unfortunately there are so many children in the world that need foster care. There is a great need for good foster parents.

I am worn out so I will talk to you later. Please let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
  17. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi I hope everything is ok. We had Alan and family over to dinner yesterday. I made lasagna for dinner with salad and garlic bread.

Alexis was in a awful mood. She would not listen or don any thing I asked her to do. She was an angel when she stayed here almost all week.

Oh I got some news. The kids set a wedding date for Sept 27 of this year. Alan did keep his word they will have been engaged for over a year. She actually asked me if I would help her plan it. I think part of the planning means pay for it.

Please let me know how things are with you.

God bless; Pam
  18. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, That dinner sounds so good. oh that is good about the wedding. He is smart to want to wait and not rush into it.

Bet she will hit you up for some money as that is the pattern. Its your choice if you want to or not and how much.

Well I didn't get to see my mom much yesterday as I wasn't doing good. Having bad female problems too. I think I'm going through peri menopause.

She was miserable yesterday. Mad at the aid and I don't blame her. He always lies to her.

That Robert guy keeps emailing me. I don't like it. I wasn't looking for a best friend or anything. I don't mind being a friend but he is bugging me and trying to charm me.

Well I am gonna get ready to go to see my mom. She doesn't want the yams anymore lately which is weird.

Take care,
  19. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

How are you? How is your Mom doing? Maybe she will be in the mood for yams in a few days.

We had a ok weekend. The kids came over for the dinner. My house was a mess again after they left.

Andrea is all excited about planning the wedding. Alan said he is looking forward to it more each day. Alexis is excited she said "her favorite part is the head thing." (veil, headpiece). They are doing something different Draven and Alexis are going to stand up with them. They are also going to have Andy and Andrea's sister and a friend each. They want to have it outside. I told her today that we can get some nice paper and print the invitations up on the computer.

Something just occured to me. Alan's first marriage took place on September 26 and this one will take place on September 27. I bet he did not realize it. He made the comment Saturday that he would be there because this was the only time he was getting married.

I still don't feel really good, I am trying to get a few things done around here tho.

Let me know how things are with you.

God bless; Pam
  20. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, how are you doing? Do you like wedding stuff? I do. I love looking at wedding dresses and cakes and everything.

The date is weird that its the next day after his other one.Alexis is going to really like this.

I went into day for lunch as the mean aid was working. Then tonight again just to check. My mom told the aid Mack "I hate her" over and over again, about me.

That RObert guy was at the nurshing home yesterday and he goes "came here hoping you were here" Geez He emails me and then emails me AGAIN if I don't respond.

He goes "oh I got this job and maybe we can meet and talk" I go "no I don't go out only have time for my mom and I need to get back to her as she is eating now" That was yesterday and you think he'd get the hint. Today he wrote me again. I'm not writing him.

Well better go for now.
    Take care,