Hello Sunflower girl and Mikie

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bruin63, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Wow love the forums/board/ changes , just need to figure out how to move around , I do get lost easily.

So how are you both doing, this heat wave in so. ca. isn't enough for me so next weekend,Sun, I am headed to Los Vegas. crazy huh>

I am going with a new neighbor and her cousin , who is visiting from England.
    The cousin, is only 25y and just finished her boards to be a Doctor.

just think 5 hours in a car with a brand new Dr., lol.
    actually she is interested in knowing so of the medical conditions I have, and how I cope every day.
    I am in need of this trip , to get some much needed alone time.

My sister Nancy, who is only 66yrs and had been living with me for a few years is now on Hospice, and I am not taking it well, we have always been there for each other, evenwhen we may not agree, with things through out our lives. we are still sisters,

she insisted that I go, as we had made plans months agao.
    I just feel weird going, but what good would sitting here Waiting, be.
    She always been bullheaded, lol, I will miss having her around, but she has been going in and out of hospitals for years now, and the infections in her body won't go away this time.

When the Dr. told us to expect the worst each time , that she could get better, then in a few weeks be fighting another flare up.
    I just went numb, you know, like a blow to the heart.

So sorry to make this all about me, (what else is new, eh?)
    I plan on getting caught up, with the posts and seeing how you all are doing.

I have missed the boards very much, but was glad to have the time away, to get a new perpectiv on ealing with our every day challenges, and hopefully read about some of the good things that have been happening too.

now sure how this board works now, but I am up to checking it out,

hope your all going to have a safe 4th of July, and fun with your family and friends,

hugs
    sharonk
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Sharon, soooo glad you found us. Once you get used to this new forum, it is so much easier to use and has a lot of great features. I'm still trying to get used to the moderator functions but, fortunately, haven't had to do anything yet. I've kinda been out of commission until recently with a shoulder problem and surgery to fix it. Doing better now.

I'm so sorry about your sister. Wow, she's really been through the mill. I am glad you're going to Sin City. Does what happens in Las Vegas really stay in Las Vegas?

We still have The Lounge and The Porch on Chit Chat and you would be most welcome to post on both of them. We have lost quite a few members since the change. I don't know whether people are just too tired to try something new or what. I hope our MIA's return to us, our Online Family.

Just a note about me--the peptide injections seem to have worked and the symptoms of my five illnesses are gone. For quite a while, though, I had exhaustion and stomach issues. Seems I'm allergic to dairy and wheat. Have eliminated them and am feeling like I'm on speed now. Don't know whether this newfound energy will last but I hope so. I'm sleeping so much better and that may be the reason I feel so much better.

Good to see you here.

Love, Mikie
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Welcome back Sharon ! Don't know if you remember me or not but I have been here awhile. Didn't mean to steal your thread. I usually am mostly on CHIT CHAT - Porch and Lounge but I am liable to end up anywhere if the subject matter looks good to me.

Just wanted to say HI, and WELCOME and I hope you will come visit us on the PORCH and LOUNGE and anywhere else on the boards for that matter.

So sorry about your sister. I need to get dressed and out of here for awhile but look forwards to seeing you around here on the boards.

HUGZ, :)
    Granni
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Hi Sharon. Welcome back. I'm sorry about your sister. I know you've been thru the mill with your family. With her in hospice you have to be prepared for the time. Read my new post under the grieving board. It's been 6 years today that my mom passed away.

Hope you hit it big in vegas. And I really hope this new doctor won't just go the route of the pill prescribers.