Hello...! temporary memory loss anyone ????(fog)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnitaQuiles, Feb 10, 2003.

1. AnitaQuiles

AnitaQuiles New Member

Hello all....I am really feeling down today. After having a wonderful weekend, and going out with my family...I just can't remember where the heck I put a folder that contained $300 CASH....I am A Representative for a cosmetic company, and I had collected all the money....and then...it has dissapeared. I have been trying so hard to recollect all of my actions...but to no avail....has anyone experienced temporary memory loss....I hope someone can reply. I feel sad, lost, don't know anymore. How could I have been so distracted, and how could I lost the money. Last thing I remember is that I was at a party and I wanted to use a calculator, and instead I was adding the numbers on my cell phone! then to discover upon my return home that I have no idea where I place the envelope with the money. This is scary.....
  2. DebP

DebP New Member

Dear Anita,
    Unfortunatelly, I cant help you find your money...sorry. One thing I can tell you is that when you have fibro, short term memory get pretty sucky. Sorry if Ive upset you by saying this but dont want to lie... I have dealt with it by just being very careful where I put things, and always put them in the same place every time!!! This has helped me some to keep track of things. I do also have a problem with remembering what people tell me though, i forget five minutes later what they said and have to ask again. Which sometimes drives my husband nuts!!! :) Just wanted to post to let you know you are not alone here it happens to most of us i think....and i do hope you find your money soon, for your sake.
    Hugs,
    DebP
    Debbie Parfait :)
  3. Kimba

Kimba New Member

I am sorry to hear about your folder, but I have done it too.

I have always been a little forgetful, but after my last surgery my FM surged, then came the drugs. I was given neurontin and topamax for tarsal tunnel in my right ankle, for a month I would have forgotten my head if it was not attached. It was the worst experience. I finally leveled off but I still forget things, like why I walked into a room.

I some times can not find my purse or my shoes. I have gotten to the point that I put things in the same place or I will spend 1/2 hour looking for it. My keys and glasses are on the tupperware container on the compactor. My laptop is by the dinning room wall as you walk into the living room an so on. I always but any papers into my purse or on the refriderator, so I know where I put it. The purse is always safer.

I had to come up with a system to ease my mind.

Good Luck and I really hope you find the envelope.
  4. Fibro-Gal

Fibro-Gal New Member

Hello Anita. My name is Angela.
    I have a horrible memeory, long term and short. I know how scary it can be to lose things like that, ess. when it is money. One time I lost $400 of my parents money, looked around franitcly for hours, only to find out I had stuck it in my back pocket.
    Once I left my baby brother in the van!! :eek: That was really scarry. Thankfully mom realized he wasn't around, and that it wasn't too hot outside.
    I feel really selfconscience about my memory, it makes me awful when I forget things.
    But I guess we both have to remember that there is really nothing we can do to cure it. I have found that writing things down in a notepad I keep in my purse helps.
    I really hope you find your money. Remember we have all been there before.
    Hugs,
    Angela
  5. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

You might want to look in strange places like the clothes hamper, trash, under newspapers, in the frig, I'm not kinding about looking in strange places you just might find it where you least expect it.

Even if you think you have already looked, look again because we offten overlook things that are right in front of us.

Do not dispair I bet you will find it and you'll laugh when you do because it will probably be in a silly place. Don't give up yet... Hang in there...
    Warm hugs. Laura
  6. susabar

susabar New Member

no one will ever know if i get alsheimer's disease.
  7. mersey_ferryman51

mersey_ferryman51 New Member

There are many of us experiencing problems with short-term memory loss, and it's a big part of my daily struggle with fibromyalgia.

You're not alone!

Larry
  8. Rosesark

Rosesark New Member

So sorry about your money, that really sucks. I too have memory problems. My husband has to go behind me when i try to cook as i have been leaving burners on on the stove and also leaving the oven on. I have to have sticky notes for everything, and even a note to tell me to write a note!!! I have always had a very good memory, but now, i can't remember where it went!!! You are not alone. Rose
  9. nje

nje New Member

I`M SORRY YOU LOSTTHAT FOLDER WITH THE CASH,AS SOMEONE POSTED EARLIER,DON`T RULE OUT ANYPLACE,LOOK WHERE YOU THINK IT WOULD NEVER BE,AND THATS PROBABLY WHERE IT WILL BE.OH THE STORIES I COULD TELL YOU; BUT THEY WOULD ONLY MAKE YOU FEEL WORSE,MOST OF THE TIME I USUAL FIND WHAT I`VE LOST,AND A LOT OF TIMES,MY HUSBAND CAN HELP ME ,OR FIND IT HIMSELF.JUST BE VERY VERY CAREFUL AND EXTRA CAUTIOUS,BECAUSE SHORT-TERM MEMORY COMES WITH FIBRO,FOR MOST PEOPLE. I WRITE MYSELF NOTES,THEN WRITE MORE NOTES TO REMEMBER TO LOOK AT THE NOTES,NO KIDDING I`VE GOT IT BAD,SOMETIMES I WILL BE SAYING SOMETHING,I STOP AND FORGET WHAT I WAS SAYING,OR I`M TRYING HARD TO REMEMBER JUST WHAT IT WAS I WAS SAYING. ALSO I PRAY A LOT;FOR REAL, I FIGURE IF ANYBODY CAN FIND IT HE CAN,YOU`D BE SURPRISED HOW MANY TIMES HE HAS LED ME TO IT. I DON`T KNOW IF YOU`RE A CHRISTIAN OR NOT,BUT I AM,AND THATS ALL THAT HAS GOT ME THROUGH ALL THIS DISASTROUS DISEASE,AND POVERTY WAITING FOR MY DISABILITY TO GET HERE,BUT I `M WAITING ON MY BACKTIME CHECK NOW , MY FAITH HAS GOT ME THROUGH A LOT. I`LL PRAY THAT YOU FIND YOUR FOLDER,AND CASH.NJE.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/10/2003]
  10. selma

selma New Member

The fog has been very thick at times. Forgot if I took the flu shot with diff. drs.. Forgot to ask Will try and remember tomorrow. Still know family members names tho not all of Hubby's We've been married 40 yrs. so it's OK to forget some. Some I don't want to remember.
    I've found it best to go thru rooms with a stranger looking for ???? it. Don't say I looked there.
    I pray too. It really helps me. Love, Selma

11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Sorry about the loss of the money. I, too, have problems with memory. Before the diagnosis of fibromyalgia, I wondered some days if I was losing my mind. I hate to say this, but I am wondering if someone at the party found the money and kept it. Or maybe it's just in a strange place at the house where the party was and your friend hasn't found it yet. If you haven't called her already, I would.

Ellen
  12. AnitaQuiles

AnitaQuiles New Member

To all the people that replied to my message about losing the money, not remembering if I lost it at a party or at a restaurant.....THANKS. I feel that I am not alone.

Your words really uplifted me. Prayers have helped too.

I did not find the money. So I must go on. I have to replace it somehow....and eventually pay it off.

Thanks again.

anita from the South
  13. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

Hey, we all can relate...if it wasn't for pill dispensers with a list of times to take them, I wouldn't take my meds or I would have OD'd long time ago!

Sometimes it just takes a while for you to calm down, relax and get your mind off it before it will come back...so be patient with yourself.

I'm sending my butterfly blessings to you to find that money!!
  14. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Hello. Yes I can relate to your story. Have you tried looking in the fridge & freezer? I threw away my check to register my car last year (at least I think it wound up in the trash-we couldn't find it w/the other bills & DMV didn't get it!). Then there was the case of the missing chicken tenders- we are waiting to see if we smell them after a while-ewwww! I lose bookmarks weekly. I drive my son to my Dr instead of his. I show up for Dr appts on the wrong days or forget to go all together. Have gone shopping & forgotten my card to pay with. Have to use my phone book-even for numbers I call weekly. Have to look up directions even to places I go weekly. You gotta learn to laugh at it-otherwise you lose what's left of your mind....
    ***Pixie***
  15. tina-ann

tina-ann New Member

For the last 2yrs. I have been blaming All of my memory loss on the ECT treatments I had for my depression and also to try and control the pain from fms. I had about 15 to 20 of them and trust me I'll never have another. I have alot of complete memory loss that I try to explain to people is like have permanent amnesia. I am so glad to know that it's not all from the shock treatments .
  16. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

Hi! First of all, relax. It will show up. I pray to St. Jude,and I am not Catholic. St. Jude is the saint you pray for when you have lost things or others have lost things. It has worked every time I have something dear and valuable misplaced, and I have no idea where I put it. You may pray for than once. Also thank her when you do find it. Please give it a try. Angels are all around us waiting to help . this particular one is very well-known to help. Blee you! Peace, Mastersinger