Hello There, first time posting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Willow97, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Willow97

Willow97 New Member

This is my first time posting anywhere! Just wanted to say how much comfort I get from reading posts from other people in the same boat as me. I am still coming to terms with this un welcome visitor in my life. Just keep thinking I will wake up one day and feel good again.

I did have a symptom question, just wondering if anyone gets an over whelming internal vibration all over there body? Also, do you think this is a Fibro symptom? I am still waiting for an appt. with a Neuroligist to see for sure!

Thanks Willow97
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

Welcome to the board. You will meet some wonderful people here and find a lot of useful information.

I do get trembling but mine is due to my thyroid disease. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, an autoimmune disorder.

I am not sure if this happens in FM...

I am sure however that some of the others will be by to welcome you and -- hopefully -- answer you question better than I.

Again welcome,

Karen :)
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I don't know about vibration but I know when my body gets over tensed I start to shiver...regardless of temperature I will shiver until I take something to ease the tension.
  4. frankielee

frankielee Member

Yes, I have the internal vibration and I also have hashimoto's. I hate the internal quivering that I have when I wake up at night or in the morning in my heart area. I was up a 4 am this morning looking up atrial fibrillation. I also have vibrations too all over my body. This has been a bad week for me, extremely fatigued.
  5. WhoSaid

WhoSaid New Member

Once in a while I wake up with the shakes in my arms. They only last a few minutes.
    Sometimes I worry that the feeling isn't going to go away or that I am going to wake up one day and not be able to use my arms at all but so far that hasn't happend.
    What bothers me the most about it is drinking that first cup of tea of the day. LOL
  6. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Welcome, Willow--I think you'll enjoy getting answers and opinions on some of your most baffling symptoms here. There seems to be quite a number of us who suffer from some sort of internal vibration or buzzing. It's a very hard sensation to describe. If you check the archives on those words, I think you'll find quite a bit.

I have several types of vibration. Sometimes, my whole body seems to be buzzing. Other days, I feel like a snow globe where the sparkles move every time I move. I also have zips and zaps and sudden stings like a bee sting.

It will be great to see a neuro but prepare yourself for the fact that they rarely have the answers to these questions. Unless you get a diagnosis of MS or Parkinson's or another "REAL" disease, you might suffer the eye-rolling or eyebrow-cocking from the doctor that almost every one of us has had to deal with. That's where the caring support of this board will come to your rescue.

By the way, your "girls" are lovely. We have two BCs out at our ranch and do small dog rescue here in town. The healing power of dogs is amazing, isn't it?

Please keep us posted as to how you are doing and how the neuro appt. goes. Once again, it's good to have you here.

[This Message was Edited on 07/27/2008]
  7. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

I'm pretty new myself and have founds lots of helpful advice here.

Yes, I have had more what I would call muscle shaking type feeling on and off. I makes my muscles feel very weak. I also have alot of numbness, pins & needles all the time so I think it's all related. I've been through all the neurological testing and come back negative on everything so it's all chaulked up to fibro.

Still don't understand with all of us out there why doctors seemed so surprised at our symptoms - but I do think that they are getting a little better then 10 years ago when I first started seeking medical help.

Good luck with your appt and glad you're here!

[This Message was Edited on 07/27/2008]
  8. Willow97

Willow97 New Member

Thanks to all of you that so warmly welcomed me into this group...I believe knowledge is power, the more you can learn about something the more power you have to do something about it....all we can do is just try to keep our chin up and go forward.

Have a great night...Willow :)