Hello to all of you Fibrobuds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mavericklynx, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Mavericklynx

Mavericklynx New Member

Hello to all;
    I just wanted to thank ProHealth for all of the interesting and helpful information that is being provided here at this site. For me it was a blessing. I also want to thank all of you other fibro-buds who have contributed with your helpful tips and words of support to the others of us who suffer from this aweful condition that I like to refer to as "fibro-crap". I won't repeat what has already been written about those who haven't a clue as to what a fibromyalgia sufferer really deals with on a day to day basis because you all know about those days and even those nights. I have gotten now to the point where I can almost predict the outcome of the next day if I've overdone it the day before or stressed out too much from various issues. One of the best comebacks that I have heard was this: After parking in a disabled parking space a woman was slowly getting out of her car, a man who was walking to his car from the store looked over at her and said, "Funny you should be able to park in a disabled space, it appears to me that you apparently don't have a disability!" To which she replied, "Funny you apparently aren't as intelligent as you appeared to me."
    Thank God for the internet and television because it was through them that I stumbled into this site, and I am very grateful that I did.
  2. poets

poets Member

I'm glad you decided to join us. This is the best message board for FM that I've ever been on. I don't feel so alone and misunderstood.

I'm like you. I can predict how I'll feel the next day too. It depends on what I did or didn't do the day before. Hopefully someone will find an answer for this condition. Until then......we support each other and try to make the best of it. Hope you continue to stay around.

3. katiebug61

katiebug61 New Member

This is the most awesome site I have ever found. I am home today because I have had a 2 day flare, so far, with this DD. I have found so much support and ideas on these message boards. It is so great to know we are not alone. I just wish more non-FM people would realize this is a real problem and be more sympathetic. I have had to miss 2 days work and I hope my boss won't fire me. Yesterday it was all I could do to walk to the bathroom. Today I can check e-mail and check this board. Well time for the recliner again. Thanks again, everyone for your ideas and support. You are all AWESOME !
  4. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

My new favorite word is "fibro-crap". I will use it often.

5. Mavericklynx

Mavericklynx New Member

Thank You Meg;
    It does make me feel better knowing that there really are other people out there who truly understand the difficulty that we fibro-sufferers have to deal with every single day.... back in 1998 when after what seemed as a hopeless attempt to find out the reason for all of the different symptoms that I'd been dealing with forever it seemed, there was a name for it even though most of my family and friends would just roll their eyes when I would try to explain that I wasn't faking it and trying not to be a weinie cuz' I couldn't always help out with things. Finally now I find that I am not the only one and I pray that the mysteries of fibromyalgia can soon be completely solved so that we all can get on with happier, healthier, normal lives. I felt like I was invisible, because no one seemed to care how I was forcing myself to crawl out of bed every morning, practically throwing myself into a hot shower to sooth my poor, sore body after what only seemed like I had only gotten a couple of restful winks of sleep and I felt less rested as before I climbed into bed the previous evening. In an 8 to 9 hour day which by the way felt more like 16 hours sometimes, I worried that I was going to keel over from the lack of energy that I needed to get through a normal work day. I know that I was getting my daily exercise because I operated a mail insert machine that constantly needed to be filled with brochures and such on one side as well as envelopes on the other. Not only did I have to cut open boxes of material to fill the back of the machine, but as I emptied boxes they had to be cut down and tossed into a cart. Along with that, there was a constant need to keep a water bottle filled that sealed shut the stuffed envelopes. Removing them from a stacker and neatly filling a mail tray with the final product. It literally exhausted me just trying to keep a smooth running routine as an insert machine operator. I really miss my job because I prided myself in my efforts to fullfill the job requirements of being a machine operator but I don't think that I would have been able to continue with that kind of repetitious work. Thank God again for the support groups because a broken spirit is hard to mend and it is hard to have to give up because your pride has been beaten down.
    I plan on revisiting often and keeping up to date with every new finding.
    Take Care All :)
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Mavericklynx,

A big welcome to you. So glad you found us. There are lots of interesting, fun, and intelligent people here on these boards who know just what you are feeling about this "fibrocrap". Gee, I think I will use it too.

Any time you would like some diversion and would like to vent ot talk about almost anything else just pop over to the Chit Chat Board (not the Chat room). That is something else. Just click on Message boards adnd then click on chit chat board if you would like and you will see. It is just like this FM/CFS boards but you can chat about most anything. Just lurk around and find your place sweetie,

Any time you have a question just holler out and someone will answer you. Hope to see you around.