Hello to everyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by timmy2, Dec 29, 2009.

1. timmy2

timmy2 New Member

Hi,i have been reading this forum for a long time now and thought i would say hello and share a little info.I have been suffering from chronic pain and havent worked in many years.The doctor i have is sending me to another who is more qualified in pain management,i know i have more of a diagnosis.Also i just got a call yesterday and i finally have a lawyer to help me with my ssi and all.I applied two years ago and i am waiting on the hearing before a judge as of now,so they called at a great time.I really want to thank everyone for sharing everything you do on this forum,trust me,it really helps alot in so many ways,from filling out papers on your own for ssi,to just reading and being able to laugh after a hard long day of dealing with pain and all.Everyone here really helps out others just from sharing.Anyway i am 41 and my wife is in the same boat as alot of us,she has been in a wheelchair for 19 years and will never walk again,we have been married for 13 years now,i do all i can to keep her comfortable.OK,sorry to ramble,the people representing me are Jenkins and Block located in Cambridge,MD.so if anyone needs any info on them just give me a hollar,once again,i thank you all for sharing.-Timmy2 -
  2. quanked

quanked Member

and welcome. As you probably already know there is lots of info here. I am not sure what I would do without this outlet.

Again, welcome.
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

just wanted to say welcome, and I agree with quanked, I would be lost without this place
  4. timmy2

timmy2 New Member

Thank you for the warm welcome,i would love to be more active here,you all seem so friendly.I really hope everyone has a safe and comfortable New Years.Be safe and get some rest,maybe i will get to know some of you soon.
  5. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

It was so kind of you to let the wonderful people here know they
    have helped you and kept your spirits up! That's what it's all
    about here

It was good of you to share some of your story and to let us get
    to know you a bit; do let your wife know we are here for her, too,
    won't you?

We'd love to hear how your attorney does for you, and hope
    you are successful soon in getting your benefits!

Here's to better, more pain-free days in 2010! (BTW, did
    you see the articles posted at the very top of this message
    board page, it has good news about new ways to treat
    chronic pain.

Happy New Year!!

6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Have you visited the chit chat board?
    Folks there talk about non-medical subjects like kids, pets, TV,
    music, cars, etc. It's pretty much the only social life I have nowadays.

I hope your social security case is resolved soon. BTW, if you
    collect back benefits, you don't necessarily want to shout it
    from the rooftops.

One gal on the board reported a couple years ago, that when
    she collected back benefits, her relatives suddenly got
    very friendly. One fellow kept telling her she should buy him
    a truck.

Good luck
  7. timmy2

timmy2 New Member

Yes,i have read alot of the other boards also,almost all of them.Also,my wife and i are alot like most people here,when our health really started to take the plunge the family and friends seemed to slowly quit coming around or calling.We have really learned alot together through all of this so far,its a real shame how some people can be,but im just glad we have one another and places on the web like this one.,you all are really great people and i wish you all the best.Once again thank you so much for the warm welcome.
  8. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Good to have you join us! You and your wife certainly have a lot on your plate. I hope you'll settle right in and join our threads. You've got as much to offer us as we have to offer you. We lean on each other here, and we are stronger for it.

I hope you'll have a Happy New Year.

Warm Hugs to both of you,