Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rayswife, Aug 26, 2008.

1. rayswife

rayswife New Member

Hi. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm here and that so much that is posted here has been very helpful. For the first time in years I feel like someone out there gets it. A little background: For years i have suffered with fatigue and "mystery" pain (docs have find no explaination so pain must not exist). For the most part I've been able to push through and pretend like I'm ok. Until recently. Had a bad bout with my bowels and since then the pain and fatigue has increased to such an intensity that I am barely functioning most days. Finally admitted out loud that I may have Fibro...family and friends responded with a big "DUH!". Go to the family doc to begin the dx game. I'm scared to DEATH! More of them finding nothing than of a Fibro dx. Hard to fight "nothing". Will let everyone know how it turns out. Thank you all for making my world seem a little more "normal".
  2. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

My name is Jenn. I was dignosed about a year and a half ago. I am one ofthe lucky ones. Even though the docs say I have "severe fibromyalgia", I have a wonderful PCP, pain doc, therapist, med nurse for anxiety and depression, and last but not least I have an awesome support system. I also was accepted for SSD on my first try.

It is good that your family and friends recognize fibromyalgia. I am glad you found us.

3. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

A warm welcome rayswife.

Gentle hugs, Susan