Hello :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KirstyE, Feb 15, 2014.

1. KirstyE

KirstyE Member

Hiya All,

Just quickly introducing myself, being a "newbie" here :)

I am a 31yr old mother of three in Australia who has been traveling the long road of "suspected CFS" for a couple of years now. My last lot of tests will be with the neurosurgeon in the next week or two before they make a formal diagnosis for me.

I look forward to getting to know you all :)

Cheers,
    Kirsty
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hello KirstyE

Welcome to the Board. There are other boards on this same site which you can find
    by clicking on "Forums" above. Also above are the board rules and "Supplemental
    News" which has articles about research. And The Shop where you can
    find all kinds of supplements, etc.

If you haven't already, you may want to visit the porch which is a thread with
    no specific topic. People just drop in and talk about what's going on with their
    health, kids, pets, music, movies, books, etc.

We did have a member from Australia some years ago. Forgot her name
    ( the Alz bug bit me some years ago), but she was fun. Used to post pictures of her pet
    parrot.

Rock
  3. KirstyE

KirstyE Member

Thanks heaps Rock :) I just woke from a nap here and need to get to work soon but I will be sure to make myself known :)
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome, I'm glad you found us. If you check the forums, you can find a lot of info on CFIDS/ME. Chit Chat is a great place to post about almost anything. We gather on the Porch threads. Join us.

Love, Mikie
  5. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Hiya Kirsty, welcome aboard, always something fun and distracting to find here and good info too which can get a little overwhelming at times. Please be aware that it isn't always clear if posts are about CFS or FM which could be an advise that would not be healthy to follow in case of CFS. So make sure to ask or talk to your docter before trying things out.
  6. KirstyE

KirstyE Member

Thank you all :)

To be honest, right now I just feel as though we've been running in circles for a couple of years without really getting anywhere.... but hopefully things improve soon :)
  7. Darrae

Darrae Member

Hi Kirsty, Welcome to the block new kid! You will find a wealth of information, support, and good friends in these forums. Dar
  8. KirstyE

KirstyE Member

Thank you Dar :)
  9. john1836

john1836 Member

Hi Kirsty- I went to Australia during the VN war on R and R. Beautiful country. Are you getting dib for CRS?
  10. john1836

john1836 Member

Errr.. that is CFS....
  11. Darrae

Darrae Member

Hi John-- Welcome to the boards! It's always nice to get to know another newbie. You will find many great folks on this site to chat with and exchange useful information with. Many of us have been researching our conditions for years and have learned a great deal more than we often get from our physicians.

It's a wonderful place to meet like-minded people who "get it" and understand what it is we live with on a daily basis. Those of us with FM also suffer from CRS. :) Can't remember................fill in the blanks. LOL. Memory issues are part of this life.

Oh, FYI, my father visited Australia during WWII and was, oddly, delighted to relate to the family that the water in the toities runs counterclockwise.

Anyhow, welcome to both you and Kirsty, and good luck with your test results.
  12. KirstyE

KirstyE Member

Thank you John and Darrae :) Australia is a beautiful country, I have nothing to compare it to though at this stage ;)
  13. john1836

john1836 Member

What is "calms forte?"
  14. KirstyE

KirstyE Member

I'm not too sure, sorry John!
  15. Darrae

Darrae Member

Calmes Forte is a homeopathic remedy, made by a company called Hyland's, that relieves the symptoms of nervous tension, restless sleep, or occasional sleeplessness. It can be taken with medications without any problem with drug interaction. I find that after a couple nights, the Ambien is not as effective. Calmes Forte and a couple melatonin tablets, (also natural to the body), help with sleeplessness.