Hello

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sls1968, Dec 5, 2002.

1. sls1968

sls1968 New Member

Hello everyone,
    I came upon this board while searching for information on chest wall pain. I have fibro. I was diagnosed 10 years ago.
    I haven't had a chance to read many posts, but I will. If you could would you please supply any information that you have on chest wall pain, I would be greatful.
    Back in June, I had an episode of tightening and pain in the chest which required an emergency room visit and a long time to heal. That was the only episode that I have had so far (thank goodness!)
    Thanking you in advance,
    Sonja
  2. sls1968

sls1968 New Member

Hello everyone,
    I came upon this board while searching for information on chest wall pain. I have fibro. I was diagnosed 10 years ago.
    I haven't had a chance to read many posts, but I will. If you could would you please supply any information that you have on chest wall pain, I would be greatful.
    Back in June, I had an episode of tightening and pain in the chest which required an emergency room visit and a long time to heal. That was the only episode that I have had so far (thank goodness!)
    Thanking you in advance,
    Sonja
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome aboard.

You can use the search feature here to look at the posts on this. We have discussed this symptom a lot recently. It is a response to inflammation and irritation in the chest area and often follows bronchial problems, allergies, and asthma.

Love, Mikie
  4. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

Hi, Sonja -- I have costochondritis. For me, it is a deep ache in the bone that is painful to the touch. It is on my right side. The pain sometimes goes to the right ribs also and up as far as my collarbone.

Take care,
    -Chrissy
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Glad you found us here! I have not had this pain, but I know I've seen it discussed here, so as Mikie said, search old posts. And hopefully you'll get responses to this one as well that will help you. This is an amazing place to meet great people & learn a lot!

Glad you are here!

Hugs,
    pam
  6. sls1968

sls1968 New Member

Thanks again! I did as instructed and read the posts. I even filled the bathtub up with HOT water and sat in it for a while, I admit I feel a bit better.
    Unlike the other gals in those posts, I have a doctor that doesn't presribe pain medication. He used to until I developed a tolerance to the medicine. He had me on Darvocet for almost 7 years (off and on). Now he prescibed Vioxx and Celebrex, neither of which worked. So I have to find alternative pain relief. He is the only doctor in town that will even see a fibro patient. Isn't that a shame!
    Ladies, have a great Friday and Saturday! I am heading out of town tonight and will be back tomorrow. Leaving the kids with relatives to enjoy a little r & r.
    Take care,
    Sonja
  7. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hi Sonja---Welcome. Hope you get some good R&R---sounds great!
    Pain management in my mind is a large aspect of my disorders. You may consider it worth it to drive to a neighboring town to find a Fibro/Cfs Doc, who will help you to manage your pain. I drive 4 hours to mine----not only is my pain being managed, but he is wonderful in all areas of these multifaceted disorders.
    Best Wishes,
    Karen
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Sonja, welcome to our world! I see you have had your question answered. So just stopped to give you a big welcome.

Do enjoy your time off, great a way to go when you can.

Take care, and will be looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I am very happy to meet you, but I am so sorry you have to deal with these illnesses of OURS!!
    Together, we can find support and some answers! I think you'll find a lot of both here!
    Love,
    Kady