Hello

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ohmy, Jul 28, 2003.

1. ohmy

ohmy New Member

Hello All,
    I'm new here and glad to see others feeling the same way I do. ALthough i do not wish cfs on anyone. I was diagnosed last Feb. and think i've been in denial since. I have 3 kids and keep telling myself I'm ok when I'm not. I'm tired and achey and have tried more then my share of anti-inflammatories and pain relievers which help. But i am so afraid of staying on any meds for a long period of time. Does cfs ever go away ? Do you ever really feel better? And if stress make symtoms worse how do u live a stress free life with 3 kids and a husband?

Looking to understand
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board. Yes, it is possible to get better, but if one has been sick a long time, it can take a long time to heal. The sooner treatment is started, the better the results.

We are very fortunate to have a large library here with articles by Dr. Paul Cheney. He is one of the most eminent experts on CFIDS. I highly recommend reading his articles and learning as much about CFIDS as you can.

One of the things Dr. Cheney highly recommends for CFIDS is undenatured whey. There are several available from the store here and I take the ImmunPlex to help build my immune system back up.

I am on antibiotic therapy for the mycoplasma infection which triggered my illnesses 12 years ago. A high number of people with CFIDS suffer from chronic mycoplasma infections. I am also on an antiviral.

My health continues to improve overall, with a few setbacks now and then. It is a slow process and yes, trying to eliminate the stress helps a great deal. It isn't easy for young parents coping with small children. I believe therapy is helpful in learning how to cope with stress. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. I have FM, not CFS but Mike has given you some great advice.

We have many young mothers/wives here also, I am sure they will be sharing how they are coping with this illness and a family too.

For sure it is not easy to say the least, but it can be done with the proper treatment.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl