HELP:1st BAD sore throat NOW voice is gone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Apr 10, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Does anyone have any advice for sore throat, congestion, cough and now my voice has disappeared. I am taking Trimox 500 mgs. for the last 5 days-I am slowly getting worse every day. I have also been taking OLE, zinc, cold-eeze but I can't kick this virus. Does anyone have any suggestions-I am desperate for some energy!!
    I am taking vitamins, undenatured whey protein powder, B-12 injections, juicing vegetables again-the yucky kind like Swiss Chard, collard greens, asparagus-all the stuff I wouldn't want to eat.
    I am desperate to get over this-please I am open to any suggestions!!
  2. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

Hi Vicky,

I can help you get your voice back, but I think you'll just have to wait for the virus to run it's course for the rest.

Make a VERY strong black tea: either purchase black tea bags and use AT least four bags/cup, or use a (hefty)handful of acorns per cup. Also make a mixture of 2 parts lemmon juice to 1 part water.

Now, alternating between the two mixes each hour, gargle with these mixtures. DO NOT SWALLOW THESE TEAS!!!! It won't kill you, or anything like that, but it sure would upset your stomach/bowels, and you don't need THAT misery on top of everything else!

Anyway, do this throughout the day, and by evening you SHOULD have your voice back.

Good luck, hope this helps,
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace ALL Grievances
  3. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Thanks for the info. I will try the tea!! I have never heard of this before but open to anything.
    I am going on my 2nd week of this virus. How long should I expect a virus to hold on with CFIDS??
  4. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Thanks for the info. I will try the tea!! I have never heard of this before but open to anything.
    I am going on my 2nd week of this virus. How long should I expect a virus to hold on with CFIDS??

[ advertisement ]