help!! 2 of us would like to know what to expect 1st visit toPMC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nje, Sep 15, 2005.

1. nje

nje New Member

I POSTED THIS QUESTION LAST NIGHT,NO ONE REPLIED,I WOUND UP ON THE THIRD PAGE TODAY WITH A POST FROM ANOTHER SUFFERER WANTING TO KNOW THE SAME THING. WHAT TO EXPECT THE FIRST VISIS AT A PAIN MANAGEMENT CENTER.

I COULDN`T GET ANYBODY TO ANSWER ME EVEN AFTER I BUMPED IT 3 OR 4 TIMES. IT SEEMS LIKE THAT QUESTION THAT SOMEONE POSTED (AT LEAST 2 WEEKS AGO) ABOUT HOW OLD SHE LOOKED; IS GETTING ALL THE ANSWERS SHE NEEDS 84 AT LAST COUNT. ALL I`M WANTING IS 1 SIMPLE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION,SO DOES THIS OTHER LADY ON HERE.
    I THOUGHT SURELY MY QUESTION WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HOW SOMEONE LOOKS. I`M SORRY TO HAVE TO EVEN SAY ANYTHING BUT I GET UPSET WHEN HER POST STAYED ON THE FRONT AT THE TOP AND MY WINDS UP ON THIRD PAGE ALONG WITH SOMEOTHERS I NOTICED HADN`T BEEN ANSWERED. WHICH DO YOU THINK IS MORE IMPORTANT?
    IF YOU AOR ANYONE CAN ANSWER PLEASE DO SO ASAP AS I GOT AN APPT TOMORROR AT 2:00 PM SORRY ABOUT THE COMPLAINT BUT I FELT IT SHOULD COME TO SOMEONES ATTENTION. NJE
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I felt like that a few days ago when I only got one answer to my post.

I'm sorry I cant help, I'm on a waiting list for a pain clinic in UK and it will take best part of a year.

If you put Pain Clinic into the search you will come up with some previous posts.

Oh and I hope you get help there. I'd be interested in knowing how you get on.

Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2005]
  3. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Hi just wanted you to know I hadn't seen your post before today, but did respond on the other message you posted. So I'm sorry you got upset about the lack of responses and I hope my experience will help some!!

Check your other post "what to expect from first visit with pain mgmt"

Sincerely
    JL
  4. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

mine was I went and had time with the psyc doc, she asked questioned and did a report I can not remember the name of it. Gave that to the Pain doc. He listened to all my health issues and how I felt on a daily basis. Watched me walk and did some things like having me put my head down and he liffted my leg up, etc.

In the end he said I want you to have an MRI of your low back, I am almost postive you have a disc problem......

(by the way he was right - I have two torn disc)
  5. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

Sharon and Faye responded on the other thread, but if you are like me, you are still confused. I hope that others respond and support you quickly, so that you don't end up not feeling prepared for your appt.
    I'm sorry it's taken so long to get people to focus on your plea, but we all go through periods where it is too hard to focus on the pain, the illness and the dr. appts., so we immerse ourselves in trivial little diversions until the pain reaches up and smacks you in the back of the head! It is hard enough dealing with FM and the severe pains that led you to the PMC, and I think a large part of the devastation of FM/CFS is the lack of control we are able to feel we have over our lives, our health and our symptoms. I can understand your intense frustration and desperation at not getting the help you are asking for. It's one thing when it comes from drs, but another brand of disappointment when you feel neglected by even fellow sufferers.
    I hope your appointment goes better than you had ever dreamed it could have and if it is not a reassuring and supportive experience, don't be afraid to walk away. Try something else, somewhere else.
    Thank you for taking up this thread and for mentioning that I want to know, too- I appreciate that (and look forward to hearing back from you!)
    GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS!
  6. cindymindy

cindymindy New Member

I'm sorry, i saw your post but I can't read caps. They run together and get blurry. I know others here have the same problem and that may have been the reason you got few answers.
    cindymindy
  7. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

Hi nje :)

Every pain clinic is different so my advice is to just be open and direct with the doctor. Be specific about your struggle and do not see yourself as lowly and the doctor, high up. You are equals. You are there to work out a plan together for your health, much like you would a banking account.

Be patient (ha ha) and, remember, a doctor/patient relationship is much like any other. As time goes by, he or she will get a better handle on who you are and how your condition affects you and you will both be able to tackle the best plan for your health problems.

Hope this helps!

Chin up,

Kim
  8. ansel

ansel New Member

True clinics are variable, but don't expect any pain meds, that's for sure. Pysical therapy, talking to a shrink, chiropratic care and other un-medicated things are all they are good for. If that's what you're looking for, go to them, but if you're looking for pain relief with opids they will not help!!! If you want pain meds and your dr won't prescibe, write me a message and I'll tell you where I get my vicodin.
    Ansel