Help! Alot I dont get yet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tonijo, Sep 8, 2002.

1. tonijo

tonijo New Member

Why do they say not to drink when I eat? What do others drink if i give up everything Im told to I will only be drinking water.

Thanks
    tonijo
  2. tonijo

tonijo New Member

Why do they say not to drink when I eat? What do others drink if i give up everything Im told to I will only be drinking water.

Thanks
    tonijo
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Missed your first post, so I'll welcome you now. I'll let others answer why not drinking when eating. Personally, I've always done that..my mouth gets too dry if I don't. I still have my coffee in the morning (reg) & a small cup late afternoon. I switched to caffeine-free Pepsi, but have really cut down on that. I started carrying a water bottle ard w/ me, so by drinking so much water, I really don't feel the need for soda except for an occasional glass(& I used to drink 7-8 glasses of reg. Pepsi a day.)

There's so much info avail that it does seem overwhelming. What I did (from a recommendation here) is prioritize my symptoms & worked on treating the worst first. Plus, what works for one may not work for someone else, etc. I'm not on pain pills for my fms, some are. So far, the only med I take is Klonopin for restless legs syndrome. If I needed to be on pain meds, I wouldn't hesitate, but am trying right now to do as natural as possible. Taking a good multivit/min supplement is pretty much essential as we're deficient in so many nutrients.

Take care. Michele
  4. Magnolia

Magnolia New Member

It's better for your digestion if you avoid drinking a lot of liquid with your meals because the liquid dilutes the stomach acid and digestive enzymes and slows down digestion.

If it's necessary for you to drink while you're eating, the best choice is water.

I hope this answers your question.

Magnolia

[ advertisement ]