HELP ! Anyone have suggestions for relaxing/de-stressing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JodyM, Jun 3, 2003.

1. JodyM

JodyM New Member

I have been a member on this board for quite some time (abt 3 yrs.), however for the last 8-months, I have not been very active, however, I always read everyones posts.

I have been so stressed for the last few months that I now have a major flare up of my FM plus other physical ailments such as IBS, granuloma annulare, headaches, etc.

My beloved father (78 yrs. old) passed away 2-weeks ago, my stepdaughter was recently hospitalized for over a week and diagnosed with MS and I have been going for depositions for the D-- accident that I blame for the FM and other ailments from which I suffer. I'm still working full-time (I have a Super Boss who works with me instead of against me) and I am also now the main support in my family. (My hubby was injured in the 9/11 Tragedy and still is out of work). I was supposed to leave work on perm. disability back in 2001 but because of 9/11 and my husband's injuries, I have not been able to. I just keep pushing the envelope every day and I fear that I am beginning to pay for that. I am scheduled for the first of 6 epidural injections in my neck and back next week (oops, Friday the 13th).

I feel like I am absolutely falling apart. I'm so exhausted all the time, have no energy and am afraid that I am sinking into depression. I have always prided myself for being able to handle any problem that was presented to me, however, I'm just not able to do it any more and this latest bad flare is really knocking me down.

Anyone have any relaxing tips or ideas for de-stressing as the ones I use to do, just aren't doing the trick any more. I would appreciate any help you can give me because I am definitely at the end of my rope.

Gentle Hugs

Jody
  2. Suzan

Suzan New Member

That is the hardest thing to do..and the most important. I am learning to meditate, and do yoga.I have been amazed at the way I have felt afterward. I can't imagine working and dealing with all that you have to do...but if you can take even a little time every day, it will help. Or also, go and talk to a counselor or pastor.Maybe if you had someone to talk to you could begin to feel better.