HELP!! Anyone know a quick fix for Pink Eye??? I'm leaving today!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Jul 24, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I am leaving today on a road trip to Wisconsin for my mother's funeral, and I have PINK EYE! My eyes were pretty red yesterday, but today is way worse.

I don't know if it is allergic, viral or bacterial.

My eyes are very red and puffy and producing some goop. Not tons of goop, but some.

I don't have time to go to the doctor. Is there any quick natural remedy? Any OTC drops??

I usually wear contacts and can't now because of this condition. My glasses are old and the wrong prescription and I don't have prescription sunglasses, but I'll have to wear them anyway with my cheap sunglasses over the top. Arrghhh!

Any ideas at all? I'm leaving in 3 hours! Help!!!

[This Message was Edited on 07/25/2006]
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

My husband is going to the grocery store for last minute stuff, so I will have him pick up chamomile tea bags.

They aren't hurting much right now--just a little. I will keep the vaseline in mind, though, in case they start to hurt.

I tried aloe vera juice on a paper towel and placed it on my eyes for 5 minutes, and that did seem soothing.

I think that chamomile sounds like a good remedy. I'll give it a try and keep my fingers crossed!

Thank you both for your responses!
  3. brisklea

brisklea New Member

I use neosporyn on th outer edge of my under eye. PE is highly contagious so remeber wash your hands or keep antibacterial gel with you at all times to protect others.
  4. twitcher

twitcher New Member

treatment is prescription only. Someone at work did tell me that Walgreens sells an over the counter product for it but I don't know if it's true. You could do a search on Walgreen's.

Good luck
  5. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

I believe that there is an OTC homeopathic pink eye medication (maybe by the makers of Zicam?). Walmart may have it, as well as Walgreens. I've never used it but it may be worth a shot.

Best Wishes!
    Pam