Help Apple Cider Vinegar

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nikki, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Nikki

Nikki Member

I read a very interesting post recently on APV, so decided to try some for myself.

Sun. I took only 1 tsp w/apple juice. Mon. I totally forgot to take any (can you imagine that?!?).

Tues. I took 1 tsp w/AJ at breakfast and 1 tsp w/AJ at lunch.

By that evening I was feeling even worse than I had been. Had stomach like flu all night. There was no place on my body that didn't hurt - even my joints. Went to bed @ 9pm and slept 'til 10am this am.

Finally . . . my question: I'm an only child and I take care of my mother who is bi-polar, no central vision (mac degen), and alzheimers. She lives in assisted living alzheimers unit. However, I see her very often and don't want to miss too much time away.

Do I still keep on taking the ACV . . . will this pass really soon (like today). Or, should I just stop?

Please help . . . I really don't know what to do. If I'm getting worse before better - I'll try to stick it out.
    But, think I'll go back to just 1 tsp again tomorrow.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nikki
    P.S. I have FMS, osteoarthritis, myofacial pain, and probably CF.
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'd say stop taking it altogether. My guess is you are are allergic to moulds. I get those very symptoms from far less vinegar than you are inflicting on yourself and I'm allergic to mould.

Try taking a few long wiffs of it and see how your head and body feels. I'm just as allergic to smelling vinegar as I am to ingesting it, so that should be an extra tipoff.

For others thinking of trying it, its a great remedy, that I highly recommend, BUT, if, you are not allergic to moulds. Several people in the other long thread are reporting different adverse reactions, and I bet allergy is the reason.

jeanne
  3. Nikki

Nikki Member

Well, silly me - the worst sinus infections I've ever had are in the spring when all the pollen is out. And, anytime we've pulled up carpeting to lay new carpet or flooring.

I took a few whiffs - sure 'nuf - my sinuses hurt, my head hurt & the smell just started traveling down my throat and into my chest.

All this time I thought I was just herxing and would eventually get better. No more for me.

Oh, one more question - I usually always use oil and vinegar in my salad - is that a problem? I don't use ACV.

Thanks again,
    Hugs,
    Nikki
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

If you are that allergic to vinegar then the oil/vinegar on salads is probably more of a problem than you realized. It could clear a fair bit of pain and stiffness to use a lemon based dressing rather than vinagrette, esp if you are eating salad often. That's a big pet peeve of mine, why isn't there lemon based salad dressings in stores?

Other foods that have vinegar are catsup, mustard, mayo and of course pickles. I can get away w/ teh occasional condament, but not so much in summer seasonal allergy overload. You will probably notice times of year when you can get away w/ a little nip in your food here and there, and times (like lately) when you totally can't.

jeanne
  5. Nikki

Nikki Member

What an eye-opener for me. Thanks for the info.

Gotta get back to label reading.

Nikki