Help back pain!!!

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by scoop, Apr 24, 2003.

1. scoop

scoop New Member

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have heard of Manipulation under anethesia. It is performed by a chiropractor for back problems. Just wondering if anyone out their knows anything about it or has had it done on them.

Also, have any of you had trigger point injections or epidurals or facet joint injections for pain?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Scoop
  2. misshart

misshart New Member

i discussed all of the things you mentioned in your post with an orthopedic surgeon. the problem is that it is only a temporary fix and may not even work especially the epidurals. all are very expensive.

for temp relief I get a deep tissue massage and feel better for a day or two.

chiropractor stuff is a little harsh. have you thought about seeing a DO - doctor of osteopathic medicine. the treatment is not unlike a chiropractor but quite a bit more gentle and they can percribe medicine.

hope this helps
  3. Air Tamarack

Air Tamarack New Member

I have witnessed many successes with myofascial therapy on trigger points in dealing with pain. You can also learn to use trigger point devices to do your own therapy after two or three sessions with an experienced, good myofascial therapist. Also, improving your posture with the use of ZackBack cushions and the ZackBack chair can greatly reduce your pain and improve your health. (www.ZackBack.com) I have seen hundreds of individuals eliminate or greatly lower pain levels with the use of the chair and the cushion for the auto. and the cushion for the home. Adjustment of both must be done carefully for each user. They adjust for the person rather than you having to fit to its shape as most chairs. The therapist that designed these is right on target and alone had figured out the proper support for healthy posture.

Good luck in relieving your pain.