Help Breast Hurt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Apr 20, 2006.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I wonder if Fibro attacks the breast tissue. My Mammo is fine, no cysts either but dense tissue. My breast get so painful along with the costal bones as well. I don't drink any caffeine. Sometimes vitamin E helps.

Anyone else with this problem and what are your rememdies?

Thanks in advance,
    T
  2. maggie428

maggie428 New Member

Dear TamiaF~I have had a complete mastectomy 6 years ago. Then had a implant replacement. This has not really bothered me up until now. But I am 71 years old and my breasts are tender ( the real one and the fake one ) and I think the Fibro is the problem. I wish someone would tell me also. So if someone out there knows if this is so please let us know.~~~~~~"M"
  3. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

Some months my breasts are so sore it hurts to be without a bra. I have had two mammograms both were fine.

I think it has to be the fibro. Fortunately I have not had it for the past month or so. I find a hot shower helps a bit and of course sleeping on your back as you know, you cannot even turn on to your side when this flare is happening.

I was so worried when it first happened and have now accepted it as part of this DD.

Take care

Maggie
  4. forfink

forfink New Member

I have had the same issues with sore breasts from 35 yrs to 50yrs of age/ I cut back on caffine( 1 a day) and the lumps in my breasts went away, that was amazing, in itself.

I was always sore most of the month. Then about a year ago I tried the progesterone cream from the Vitamin Shoppe, use it twice a day and rarely do my breasts ever get painful. I never equated it with Fibro, but I should of guessed.... Can't say it will work for you, but I was so sick of the pain constantly, I would do anything. Think there is also a wild yam that has natural progesterone in it. Think you can buy this stuff most health food places. Hope this helps. It's very low in progesterone compared to prescription cream.
  5. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Bump to see if more women suffer with this pain.
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

My breasts often hurt about a week before my period. And they swell. I feel like Dolly Parton (although I'm not that small to begin with).

A few years ago my left breast really hurt. I had to go in for a mammogram (ouch!). They found a cyst and said that cysts can cause pain in the breasts. It was so small that they didn't drain it, but it eventually went away.

Ellen
  7. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

I have heard that amitriptyline can cause this tender, achy feeling in the breasts. I know that mine never felt this way before I started taking it (well, except when I was pregnant or nursing). ;-)
  8. shell

shell New Member

Have helped me a bit. Have horrible pain in my left breast, esp on the very bottom near the chest bones.