Help!!!!!!!! Burning in my legs and falling................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tobyj, Oct 12, 2005.

1. tobyj

tobyj New Member

does anyone have any problem with their legs burning as if on fire and then fall? This has happened to me now about 7-8 times and the one time I was on the steps. Very scarey. Does anyone have any suggestions???????????
    Hugs to all,
    Toby
  2. malinta

malinta New Member

Yes, I have burning sensations in my legs as if they are on fire. But it's only every other day.

I also stumble and fall too. My doctor said it's the fm.

If I were you, I'd check with your doctor.
  3. tobyj

tobyj New Member

It was normal as they did a mri of my brain and nothing else showed up. I am so sick of the pain in my legs and arms but the burning is scary.Any idea what else it could be or what i could take for it?????????????
    Thanks,
    and gentle hugs.
    toby
  4. tobyj

tobyj New Member

Did he give you any reason for it or tell you what to do about it????????????? I am sick of falling and feeling faint all the time/
    Gentle hugs,
    Toby
  5. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I can't tell you how many times I have fallen. They know who I am at the emergency room. Last year I actually broke my ankle. I also get burning on the top of my legs among other places, but I never have this happen to me at the same time. Is one thing causing the other?? Maybe it is something different than fibro. Let us know what you find out.

THINKING OF YOU,

PIRT

PS. The drs. at the hospital kept blaming the falls on my meds. Said that I was taking too many. Even though my drs disagreed, I was taking muscle relaxants (Zanaflex) at bedtime and I cut the dose in half. I haven't fallen since, knock on wood.... [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2005]
  6. malinta

malinta New Member

Hi, my doctor prescribed Naproxen for the burning symptoms. It worked for a while but then it stopped being effective. I found that rubbing my legs with a muscle cream makes a slight difference.

As for the fainting and dizziness he gave me several different medications, none of which I can remember off hand, but none of them worked.

I wish I could offer suggestions but have none. If you should find something that helps please share it. I'm tired of the fainting and dizzy symptoms too.
  7. Kay31

Kay31 Member

Hi Tobyj,

I too developed the burning in my legs which gradually crept up to my torso. Had a consult with a neurologist....ruled out periferal neuropathy, but said it was a form of neuropathy.

I went on Amytriptiline which really helped. Tried to wean myself off of it, and the darned burning returned.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2005]