Help! Can't Lose Weight

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by viscog, Feb 16, 2006.

1. viscog

viscog New Member

No matter what I do... can't seems to lose weight. Any suggestions for people with FM?
  2. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

I have had great success with the South Beach diet. The first 2 weeks are tough but the maitenance part of the diet is easy to stick to.
    The basic premise is to rid the body of sugar. Sugar in sweets as well as in refined grains. Even if you decide not to do the diet all of the way you can get some benefit from the dietary suggestions in the book.
    I dropped 15 pounds in the first 2 weeks of the diet. I was never hungy or felt deprived. I have sort of hit a plateau with the diet now. Too many holiday treats. Now I am back to all of my sugar free treats. Thank goodness for Splenda!
    If you would like to pick up the South Beach book it can be found in drug stores for $6.00 or so. It has a lot to offer wether you go on the diet or not.
    If I can help in any way post for me. I am trying to log on more frequently than I have in the past few months. I will look out for you.
    Hugs and HOPE!
    A....aka backporchrags
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Do any of them have wt gain as a side effect. I know I was on Zoloft for a while and no matter how much I exercised I just kept gaining.

Weight Watchers has a very good plan. They are easy to follow and don't cost much.

Also, keeping a food diary for 3-5 days can be very enlightening. You might find some areas to cut back in.

Hope this helps!

Sofia
  4. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

5. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

losing weight , but I am on Prednisone. My first Rheumy told me I would never lose weight.. But, he had me on 40 mg..... I have lost some weight on the low carb. diet. I am able to get rid of the fluid, and still have table salt on foods.....

It helps me feel better, too... Guess, sugar and flour are really bad for me. But, I try to stay away from too much fat, because of a heart problem , I already have.

But, I will prob. never get down to the 105 that I once was, a long, long time ago.
  6. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I read on the internet that drinking spicey veggie drink kills your appetite, I tried it and it works, 8 oz is only 50 calories, I get hungry while watching t.v. at night so I have a glass and no more thoughts of snacking. I stick to my diet of mostly raw fruits and veggies and count weight watcher points, I'm feeling much better, I also added organic cherry juice to my diet.
  7. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

The only way I have everlost weight is by the prescription Xenical(which might be sold OTC now or soon).But you must eat low fat and watch your calories,if not you will have nasty side effects.
    I am going back on it.
    I cannot just go exercise more.I am disabled for a reason.I am lucky I can take an occassional walk.(like a mile)
  8. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

i have been unable to lose weight until now..i ran across this diet on internet, and tried it,. it works and is so easy..you dont give up anything you like, it is the portion.....it is called , three hour diet...i lost four pounds the first week.....
    hope this may help..
    shirley
  9. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Looks like you represent the company. I see you posted many messages on the Depression board pushing this product as well.

Not allowed on this site.

Canbrit.
  10. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I am on the protein diet. Not Atkins though cause he was too strict and wanted everyone to even give up coffee (god forbid). lol. There was a book called protien power that I used once and lost a lot of weight with. Kept it off too till I got sick and started on some of these meds. I have lost weight on it again after only about a week. Not sure how much but the clothes are looser. Good luck with whatever diet you choose.