Help: Complete Colon Cleanse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Jul 1, 2005.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I have both FM & CF and need a complete colon cleanse for.....well, some of you know how it can get with the intestines: too little or too much. Are there any products available that work? I do not want to go the 'natural' product way as they have not worked on me in the past. I wouldn't mind commercial products or a combo commercial/natural product.
    Please help!
    NyroFan
  2. GFB

GFB New Member

Hi NyroFan,

I've done many different cleanses over the past few years and the best one for me is Colonix made by Dr. Natura (you can search on Google). It is mostly natural but it is aggressive and easy on the tummy. I did the cleanse for a couple of months and actually became regular again after being constipated for so long. Then I had a viral relapse which completely screwed me up again, but I was amazed at how well it worked!

Also, I just started getting colonics. I know - gross! But I can't even begin to tell you how much better I feel getting all the "crap" out, haha. I've only had 2 and it's amazing what's coming out of me and I feel so much better afterwards. One of the therapists there has FMS and said that she finds colonics to be a huge help in her therapy. It helps eliminate a lot of toxicity we get from this illness. Society deems this topic taboo but it is so important to clean out your body. I hope that helps - good luck!!

GFB
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

GFB:

Where does one go for a colonic?
    Thanks so much.
    NyroFan
  4. GFB

GFB New Member

I found the place I go to by looking up Colonic Irrigation in the phone book. There was only 1 practitioner listed and she had a website which helped me learn a bit more before calling to schedule an appointment. If you are in NJ check out their website: It has a lot of good information about colonics and also lists rates and stuff. I've also heard colonic irrigation referred to as hydrotherapy but I think that term generalizes water therapies. It might help in your search though. Hope that helps!

GFB[This Message was Edited on 07/01/2005]
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

GBF:
    Thank you for your valuable information. I'm going to wage war with my problmes in this area. (I never would have thought of the yellow pages).
    NyroFan
  6. GFB

GFB New Member

Hey Nyrofan, if you do find a place, I'd be interested in hearing about your experience and if you think they're helping. I've had 2 colonics so far and I think that they helped me relieve a LOT of toxicity. My second one got rid of more junk than the first so I'm anxious for my next appointment. I decided to commit to at least 5 or 6 sessions to make real progress. I never thought I'd see the day where I was looking forward to this! Hope you find some relief soon!

GFB
  7. happygranny

happygranny Member

Why would a person need one?

I am very regular, I think because I take so much magensium, and I wonder if I need one when things 'flow' through me so easily.

Thanks,
    Happygranny
  8. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

be interested in learning more about colonics. I went the natural fiber therapy way and saw little results. It made me very, very bloated and I saw little beyond my normal bm.
    If anyone has any suggestions I would be interested to know. Like how much does a colonic treatment cost, what to expect and so on.
    I know it is hard to politely write about such things but I am looking for answers.
    Thank you all,
    A
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Thank you for the valuable information. I have called a few places, but they do not do colonics. A very nice woman called me back, a natural healing practioner and gave me some advice. She said to check to see if they are board certified. I took her advice and found that only about a quarter of the people in my area are board certified.
    So far, they haven't called me back. Although: I've only called the ones in my immediate area, so that doesn't mean much.

If I have to travel to get it done, I will. I know I really need it and it will be a relief. After it is done I will watch all that I put into my system, but i feel that I have to rid myself of the toxins in my system. I suffer from IBS-C.

Thanks for the tips and I will check out that website tonight.

Thank you,
    NyroFan
  10. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

You can buy enema kits, probably at any pharma.

there are many ways to go w/ them, coffee enemas are highly recommended everywhere I read about them. And Janet Jackson publicly admitted (much to the endless mirth of all the comedians) that she did colonics w/ coffee enemas and it helped her battle w/ depression better than anything. Bet she had candida. Enemas are the quickest way to reduce your candida and all toxic load, btw.

I haven't done them myself, kind of prefer other methods, but I will if I get desperate enough. Unlike you, I'm a big fan of the natural route (being a holistic nutritionist, I would though) it's a matter of finding the right products for you. Psyllium bungs me up terribly, and most of the cleanses have psillium to supposedly flush you out (they just flush me in, stuck, hehe).

I do know of a company, the same that sells the Digest More, by Renew Life, enzyme I love so much and they specialize only in GI tract products. The Gastroenterologist MD and naturopath team who develop them are impressive. THEY DON'T USE PSILLIUM as they are aware it can rob the intestines of too much water because it's too bulky and absorbant, for those that are sensitive w/ IBS to begin w/. Very wise.

I'll be doing a parasite cleanse soon, try and do one every few yrs and I'll be trying one of theirs.

Jeanne

Jeanne
  11. pgfnch2

pgfnch2 New Member

What is a parasite cleanse? How is it done, what does it do, and..how do you know if it's necessary?
    Thanx:)
  12. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I have heard alot about colonic irrigation and I am sure that my gut is poisening me!
    I must admit that I got a little scared when I saw what they do, please excuse me for what I'm about to write but there is really no nice way to say it.
    The place I went to, you lie on your side on a bed and they insert a pipe in your backside and flush your intestines with water. Is this what a colonic is?

I would really like to go but I'm scared, I don't know what to expect, side-effects and how I will feel afterwards?

Phoebe
  13. stlouisgal

stlouisgal New Member

bunnyfluff:

Do you make the sea salt and water enemas yourself, or do you buy those? I have horrible constipation: I don't go alot of the times for 10 days or more. I have been on zelnorm for over a year, had a colonoscopy last year and everything was fine she said that I had slow bowels, I feel horrible all the time and have been pondering the colonics myself but i was trying the natural way of w/pills from the health store. just let me know. thank you -donna-
  14. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

Hi all,

About a year and a half ago my nurse practitioner recommended that I have colonics. (Yes, it is as described above.. a certified practitioner inserts a tube up ones behind and flushes with water).

I was very apprehensive. I am more inclined to go the holistic route, but I had reservations about this particular procedure. I trust my NP and she assured me that it was safe. I also understand that some medical practitioners are against it and others support it. For me the proof was in the proverbial pudding. I had immediate relief from many symptoms.

My primary complaint is fatigue and brain fog. I have lots of muscle stiffness & soreness, but I mostly ignore these symptoms. The colonics really help me function. I have more energy and less brain fog. I haven't tracked the muscle symptoms to say how they are effected. I tried to go as long as possible in between, but I have now concluded that every 4 weeks is helpful. When I started the colon hydrotherapist had me come 3 times over about 7-10 days and then recommended 1/month.

Afterwards, I feel empty & clean. Sometimes I'm a little weak afterwards. My colonist recommends laying low for at least the evening afterward, but up to 24 hours.

Since the colonics really seemed to help, I started doing coffee enemas. I pretty much do one every morning. I can tell still tell a marked difference in my energy levels and mental clarity after having my morning coffee enema. I now, really look forward to the quite time of my coffee enema.

Even my nurse practitioner was surprised at how significant a response I get from the enemas and colonics. It does make sense with some of the other things that we know about CFS/FM. Most of us are lacking in Glutathione. I have laboratory tests that confirm this for myself. Glutathione is an important tri-peptide responsible for metabolizing many toxins (some generated by our bodies and some from the outside world).

IMHO, the enemas and colonics help remove these toxins and reduce the body burden. I have also read that the coffee enema helps replenish glutathion. I don't know if this is a result of the phytochemicals found in coffee or if this is a result of reducing the body burden. The coffee enema also stimulates a bile release. Supposedly eliminating toxins that have collected in the gall bladder. I can feel this bile release and it produces a sense of relief in me. Something a kin to a satisfying bowel movement.

The side benefits that I've noticed: weight loss, Better skin quality, reduced swelling and puffiness. After a colonic the whites of ones eyes are visible whiter & brighter. Can't explain that one, but I've seen it.

Directions for a proper coffee enema are found at Dr. Mercola's website. When done right the coffee stays in the lower part of the colon and is not circulated through the entire blood stream. Once in awhile I have allowed the coffee to go to far into the colon and then I get the typical caffeine jitters - I hate that feeling!

This may not be for everybody, but thought it might be helpful for others to hear my experience. I just have to laugh at the intimate details we all share here. My husband pokes a lot of fun at my morning coffee rituals!

Love & Light, Laurie
  15. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

The information on the link I feel is a key to good health or getting healthy. I use Dr. Natural. If your colon is slow I think you are in big trouble. The nearest colonist is about 200 miles away from me sooooo... I had to get a bag and do it my self (I'm only using tap water think I'll switch to my culligan water for that ). At first I could not find the bag because it was sold in the female pads yeast treatment area of the store.(Right Aid)It is taking me a long time to get mine moving!
    Dee50
  16. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

You asked for help & I was gone for a few days.

I just make them up myself with bottled water. It is important to use sea salt, not table salt, chemicals added into the body that way are bad for you, things are readily absorbed thru the colon.

My Lord, girl, if your colon is that slow you must be in horrible pain. I can't believe you have taken it this long. You will not believe the crud that gets cleaned out, and you will feel so much better. Those toxins are terrible for you. Once you get things moving on a regular basis it just takes maintenance, but like lbconstable, you may feel so much better (I know I do), you actually look forward to it. I can understand why she does it every day, I just don't have time.
  17. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Yes I've had Colonics Professionally and then I bought my own Colonic Board and do mine at home. I also combine the Colonix kit, that you may buy on line, at the same time I do the Colonics. I had UC for 30 yrs. and almost died several times. Then I started the cleanse and the colonics and some of the awful stuff I passed ,you wouldn't believe !! After that it was like someone threw a light switch--no Ulcerative Colitis anymore. I have not had any meds for UC or Hemorrhaging since. That was 2 yrs. ago. I believe that God lead me to the info on the net,b/c I prayed about it so much and when I found the info I knew that it was right for me.God DOES answer prayer. I have done the Coffee Colonics at home and they work very well. Just make sure to use pure water. I have a well and just add a 1 oz. of Peroxide(per 5 gal. water) to the water and that kills any germs that may be in the water. It will be the very best thing that you have ever done for yourself. You will need a Colonic board and they come with directions on how to use it. They are not painful in the lest. The difference in Colonics and an Enema is (Enema runs in and then you remove the tip and expell the water) Colonics is( The tip stays in place and the water runs in and back out w/o removing the tip)You use a 5 gal. bucket of water(that comes with the colonic board) with colonics and a qt. of water with an enema.The Colonics are sooo much better.
    Hugs Shirley
  18. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

And where do I find them? Thanks I would like to do this at home too. The nearest colonist is 200 or more miles away. Thanks
    Dee50
  19. pgfnch2

pgfnch2 New Member

tell me what is meant by parasite cleanse?
  20. neen85

neen85 New Member

Bumping..Daneen