Help...confused about foot pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CanBrit, Nov 20, 2005.

1. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I know sometimes there is confusion over what is or isn't a FMS symptom. In the last couple of months, everything seems to be much worse.

Does anyone have migrating lower foot pain? Two month ago I was having an awful time with pain on the left side of my foot and also the rear of my right thigh felt like raw skin. It then moved to the sole of my foot.

Now my left feels better but I have it on the right side and sole of my other foot. Can FMS do this also? I know I've been flaring a lot more with the change of the seasons.

Regards,

Eileen.
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

six months ago, it got so bad I couldnt even walk and was thinking I'd end up permanently in a wheelchair.

I dont know why it started, I've had CFS/Fibro for years and the soles of me feet NEVER hurt.

Anyway, I was advised by Jeanne of Canada to take B5 (Pantothenic Acid) and I started that along with B6 and a time released B supplement. Apparently you have to take all the B's at the same time.

My feet are still painful but I can walk on them although I have to take a stick if I go out (I had to do that before but not all the time). I believe the Bs are helping so I'm keeping taking them

I read that many people in the World War had this because they were lacking in B vitamins.

Its worth a try.

love
    Rosie
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

(((Eileen)))

Severe pain in the soles of my feet was my first symptom of fibro; I already had CFS. The pains in my feet can be shooting or just there for a few days - my ankles hurt too.
  4. MOMSIX

MOMSIX New Member

Hello Eileen,

Yes foot pain is a definite for me. Sometimes it hurts to walk on my feet. I often get somewhat like a cramping pain in the middle of my feet. This is something that started pretty early the lead to the diagnosis of Fibro. I'm glad to know that someone else out there who experiences this. My doctor calls it plantar which is the medical term for feet, fasciitis (fascia is the covering of a muscle) which means the soft tissue of the feet is inflammed and tender -plantar fasciitis is the medical diagnosis and it goes with the other soft tissue pain of fibro. Mine seems to be getting worse and i am frighted by that because I work 12 hrs shifts still as a RN and it is getting very difficult. My feet are going into the cramping sensation while i'm working and it is getting very difficult. don't know how much longer I can hang in there. I tried to do aerobics because my doctor said exercise helps the pain and my feet couldn't hold up. Pilates is about the only thing I can do and not have foot pain.

Best regards,
    Gloria
  5. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

As nasty as some of this stuff is, it always helps to know you're not alone with this stuff.

I remember having something like this about 4 years ago before I was diagnosed, but it was only in one foot.

I think we have way too many muscles in our bodies!!!

Eileen
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

have planter faciitis.. seems to be commen amongst us fibromites! I also have a heel spur. I had to change jobs about 4 years ago as I couldn't be on my feet for long hours anymore.. Cortisone shots help for a while.. but they are right up there with childbirth! Ouch!!

The weather is killing me too and I'm in a pretty decent climate..

Hugs!