Help deciding getting the Flu Vaccine for Australian winter?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goldcoastgirl, Apr 6, 2013.

1. goldcoastgirl

goldcoastgirl New Member

Hello everyone, it's been ages since I've been on these boards. Hope you are all taking good care of yourselves out there. I was really hoping that someone would be able to help me decide about the latest flu vac for this coming winter here in Oz!
    I stopped having any vaccinations when I was diagnosed with CFS 12 years ago, and I have only ever suffered mild cold and flu symptoms over those years, but now the news seems to be quite increasingly bad about the upcoming flu season and I am in two minds as to whether I should take the plunge and finally get a shot.
    I would really appreciate some feedback as my GP here really cannot help me out with this one.
    Many Thanks...goldcoastgirl....:)
  2. kbak

kbak Member

I never get the flu shot either, mainly because of all the bad additives and the fact they use human diaploid cells (fetal tissue). I don't need someone else's DNA in me.

We just got over one of the worst flu seasons ever. I did get sick but not so bad and just treated with natural antivirals as I usual do when I get sick. I have to tell you that after everyone around here got their flu shots, most of them got sick with the flu anyhow.

Then they ended up saying, well the virus in the vaccine wasn't the one going around but you should take the flu shot anyhow because it could still afford some protection.

There are also people that swear by the flu shot. So it's really a personal decision. Do your own research.

Much luck,
  3. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

im in england Ive not had the flu vaccine, im eligable because i have asthma. I remember when it was doing the rounds there where notes all over doctors surgeries.
    I thought, crikey im going to come in to pick up a prescription for fibro and take home the flu as well. Im not a fan of doctors surgeries or chemists sitting and waiting in a room of sick people what are your chances of getting sick? And the ones that are already ill cough and splutter and snot there germs everywhere because they've already got them, that they dont care about sharing out. Honestly, sometimes i dont know how i hold my tongue.

In fact sometimes i think it would be highly amusing for the other people in the room who are thinking exactly the same as i, for me to off load the full force of my sarcasm.

Have you taken a look at the statistics for your area. Worth searching people with cfs and the flu vaccine too, theres quite a few sites.

All the best

4. LadyCarol

LadyCarol Member

If the flu vaccination is a close match to the strains in circulation then it will provide significant protection against catching those strains of flu and help prevent the spread of flu to others.

The vast majority of people who catch flu or die from flu have not had the flu vaccination.

Some useful information available here :
  5. goldcoastgirl

goldcoastgirl New Member

It really has helped me sort out my angst this year on the flu shot...much luv...goldcoastgirl.....:)