HELP.....do you have weird lumps on your head?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Sep 7, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

does anyone have a spot on the back of your head right at the base of your hairline , that is swollen at times ? It's about a inch thick and goes about 8 inches around my neck,kinda u shaped. The swelling comes up and down. If I was bald I'd have a lumpy head .I do not think it glands .
  2. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I have one that is on the right top of the head that is constantly there. I have another by my left ear that goes up and down as you described. And others that come and go. I have wondered if I should bring it to the attention of my Doc. I have so many weird symptoms this one seems too silly.
  3. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    My hairdresser said that it wasn't uncommon for people to have lumps on their head. Can't remember why that was so.

kbak
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hello carebelle,

I don't have the lump at the base of my head as you describe but I do have a huge dent on top, maybe the size of a 50cent piece, but kinda on the back, of my heat. Just where the crown is but I have never told Dr. and really don't know if it's been there all of my life or not.

I do know that I don't remember it there when styling my hair several years ago.

I hope you dont have anything serious; not sure about the swelling you describe but maybe should have it checked if it's something new.

BlueSky555
    [This Message was Edited on 09/07/2006]
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

Ever since I came down with CFS, I have noticed these long bumps on my head - in a different spot from yours. Mine are more on the top of my head. If I were bald, it would look like I have flesh-coloured corn rows on my head!

I have been going for BioCranial treatments and the spot he touches on the top of my head is always really sore. I can tell when he has found the right spot because it hurts so much.

Pepper
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Yours sound serious Please get that checked
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

I have shown these strange lumps to my ND and to my GP. They both say that they are "nothing". They also disappear and return for seemingly no reason (the bumps, not the doctors).

My massage therapists over the years have also felt them and have told me that I am not the only one!

It really concerned me for a few years but no one seems to think anything of them. So I hope they aren't.

Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2006]
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I would not know weather I should have laughted or cried if I saw you back then.

I guess you got all the fat head jokes? I'm glad thats all it was we enjoy you around here.

I guess we all have felt like we were getting Horns lol

Have a good evening
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

what is in these things or if they think it is part of the DD.

I read somewhere that CFS people have more poyiens in our spinal fluid . I'm wondering if its fluid that could tell them something about the DD. Interesting thought.
  10. Pennygirl2

Pennygirl2 New Member

Dear Carebelle,
    I too have the lumps that come and go. One nearly on top of head and other near back on left side. I seem to notice them when I have a migraine as they hurt then and I feel up there. Actually they are more like dented lines. They do hurt at times though even without touching. I haven't asked.