Help, does anyone else feel this way?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bandesmom, Jan 7, 2006.

1. bandesmom

bandesmom New Member

I'm new and my doctor believes me to have Fibromyalgia I was hoping to find out if anyone ever experienced any weird tingling or vibration feelings in their extremeties? It seems worse when I'm cold, which is almost all the time. It seems to effect both my feet (left worse than right) and sometimes my pinky fingers. If I change positions sometimes it will disappear. Very strange. Also, does anyone ever experience a hot or swollen feeling in their feet when they warm up? My extremeties are almost always cold during the winter months (I live in Michigan) and when I warm them up, usually at night when in bed, this tingling feeling will disappear but then I experience a burning, swollen feeling and my feet will turn red! Any information from anyone would be helpful. Doctor says its all apart of this crazy FMS thing. Thank you!!
  2. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I get those sensations, too -- some of it is a circulatory problem, I think. I do have Raynauds -- that has been diagnosed. I also have peripheral neuropathy (weird nerve stuff in hands and arms--numbness, tingling, shocks) that has no mechanical cause -- I had nerve tests done, they were normal. I've just chocked it up to part of this whole bag of symptoms, until they tell me otherwise.
  3. azshell

azshell New Member

Yes, I have had the same feelings. Even my face and nose will get the tingling feeling. My toes and fingers are always cold and if I walk in cold weather, my legs tingle so bad that I scratch them severely, leaving welts because the tingling drives me nuts. My upper back hurts so bad all the time and feels like electricity going across it (tingling) and burning! I also get very dizzy and sick to my stomach when the pain is really bad. Do you experience the sickness and dizziness too?
  4. bandesmom

bandesmom New Member

Thanks for responding. I will sometimes experience some dizziness but have not been able to associate it with the vibration/tingling feeling. I truly believe there is some sort of connection with the cold weather. I first noticed this in November and it has been kind of on and off. Today I haven't experienced it one time, yesterday it was constant all day long until I layed down to go to bed. This fibro thing is crazy. I have also noticed that if I have any kind of alcohol (even just 1 or 2 glasses of wine) my feet will swell up (mildly) and burn like crazy. My theory is there must be some connection with the circulatory system and cold weather. The alcohol must act as a vasodilator causing a sudden "rush" of blood to the extremeties. I just simply stay away from any alcohol during these times. I don't have any problems in the summer. I also experience the low back pain - and yes it does feel like electricity and burning. Sometimes my tailbone will literally feel like it is on fire. It will spread from my entire sacral region down each of my butt cheeks. Thanks!! Hope you get some relief!!
  5. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I've started to get them in two fingers on my right hand and can get them at almost any time in my feet.

If you do get them in your feet, be careful when you stand up... I almost broke an ankel. Actually, I pulled a ligament.
    Hugs,
    Tigger