HELP DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE TROUBLE WITH....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kayebee, Aug 14, 2006.

1. kayebee

kayebee New Member

WHEN TRYING TO SPEAK YOUR WORDS COME OUT JUMBLED UP OR YOU KIND OF STUDDER? MINE HAS INCREASED AND IS A LOT WORSE!!! I HAVE TROUBLE WITH MY BALANCE AT TIMES , ESPECIALLY IF I AM REALLY TIRED WHICH SEEMS TO BE ALL THE TIME LATELY!

HOPE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE, BECAUSE I DON'T EVEN LIKE TO BE AROUND A GROUP OF PEOPLE OR NEW PEOPLE BEACAUSE I FEEL LIKE AND IDIOT!!!!

THANKS FOR ANY SUPPORT I GET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KAYEBEE
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2006]
  2. jole

jole Member

You definitely have what so many of us do. It's embarrassing to feel like an intelligent person and sound so totally ignorant, isn't it? I don't mind around family, they just finish my sentences for me, but work is another story!!!

Friends -
  3. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Never know what is gonna come out of my mouth..

Or what direction I am heading..we went to the good ole Wal-mart's today and on the way out we were headed to the car....well my husband was... I was headed for someone elses car which they were getting into parked in the handicapped parking..Now wouldn't they thought me strange to end up walking right up to them trying to get into their own car...my husband suggested that maybe I hold onto the cart to get to our car...

Just another day here!!

Tami
  4. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

Have those problems, more sometimes than others.
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i will say words backwards...jumble them around...and make the psychologist figure out what the heck i am talking aoubt...i can not wait to take a intro to speech classs...

jodie
  6. jinlee

jinlee Member

One would think I was a drunk! My husband commented on this the other night about when we had gone grocery shopping. He said "I am not sure you should drive the car because you didn't handle the grocery cart too well."

I take meds that make me loose balance and slam into things but the brainfog I guess is DD. I stutter at times. Usually cannot tell the receptionist at the docs office my phone number, totally can't say the word but it is in my brain and I recall it later. Some days are okay but some days my family just finish my sentences for me. I wonder what I will be like in 20 years!

I know it is worse when I am tired, stressed, or nervous, which is one or the other all the time.

Such fun this DD is.
  7. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

I SOMETIMES CHANGE THE FIRST LETTERS AROUND IN MY SENTENCES
    AND EVERYONE LAUGHS AND I SUTTER ALOT MY HUSBAND JUST SAYS IT FOR ME OR I WILL FORGET A SIMPLE WORD LIKE MAYO AND HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHAT IT IS UNTIL SOMEONES GUESSES
    AND I HAVE TROUBLE TYPING. I AM AN AP CLERK FOR A BIG COMPANY AND THIS IS NOT GOOD. SOMETIMES I DON'T PUT THE RIGHT AMOUNT IN FOR AN INVOICE OR PUT IT TO THE WRONG ACCOUNTING CODE. THEY ARE GETTING MAD SO I HAD TO EXPLAIN WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME, IF I KEEP MESSING UP THEY WILL HAVE TO LET ME GO SO I AM TRYING TO BE VERY CAREFUL

HANG IN THERE
    BARBARA
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I sometimes say the wrong word: like "elevator" when I mean "umbrella". Good grief! They are not even similar.

But it happens more often when I type. Even when I proofread I find errors later that I didn't catch.

Good thing nobody here cares and everybody understands.

9. kayebee

kayebee New Member

I CAN'T SAY I AM GLAD I AM NOT IN THIS ALONE BECAUSE I WOULDN'T WISH THIS ON ANYONE. ANYWAY I LAUGHED AT YOUR STORIES BECAUSE NOW I DON'T FEEL LIKE THE LONE RANGER. OH AND LAST NIGHT I PUT LOTION ON MY TOOT BRUSH, AND THIS MORNING AROUND 5 I GOT UP TO GO TO THE BATHROOM WAS KIND OF STAGGERING AND RAN RIGHT INTO THE WALL FACE FIRST. mY HUSBAND SAID YOUR DANGEROUS, THAT IS SO FUNNY BUT HE IS RIGHT.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLYS!!!!
    KAYEBEE
  10. achy

achy New Member

I used to be a "corporate exec"...traveled, met with senate reps, made presentations, ect.

Now, I sound like a bumbling idiot!!

Try to slow down when speaking...take a second to think about what your about to say before you say it. It takes some practice, but it works, usually.

My DH gets frustrated with me sometimes, but he understands what I'm trying to say...so what does that say about him!!
    lol lol lol

achy
  11. mandyau

mandyau New Member

Im always mixing up my words too and find it really embarassing and i definately have problems with my balance im always walking into walls and doors, i have so many bruises on me.
    If im walking next to someone i usually end up walking into them which i dont even realise im doing!
    I also drop things and spill drinks all the time too so people think im really clumsy. All of this is worse the more tired i am too.
  12. kayebee

kayebee New Member

13. srollins

srollins New Member

the thing that bothers me most is the fact that the words just won't come through, i most of the time feel like it takes me forever to get something said.

i guess none of us are alone in this , are we?

shirley