Help Does anyone know how to get military records????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosetta, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

Can anyone tell me how to get military records from 1946? My dad was given a series of shots that made him extremely sick and he ended up in the hospital for 3 months. Now I find out that me and my two brothers had something wrong with our red blood cells.

2. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

Can anyone tell me how to get military records from 1946? My dad was given a series of shots that made him extremely sick and he ended up in the hospital for 3 months. Now I find out that me and my two brothers had something wrong with our red blood cells.

3. froggy

froggy New Member

check with your local VA rep. and you will need all info-SS#,branch servied in, date's if you have his DD214 discharged papers that will have all the info on it. You can also check out the govm't web site you know the www. then goverment. dot com there are certin places to send for records, like St. Louis, MO- depends on were you live. But talk to your local Rep. first-they should have all the paper work you need to fill out. Don't tell them to much about why you want it, the gov. can be very slow & can't find things, so be careful!

Peace & Love Jan
  4. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

Rosetta,

Try filing an FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request. Write a letter to both the Department of Defense, and the military branch he served in. In the letter, tell them that this is a formal FOIA request about your ill father's medical records. Make sure you include your father's name, SSN, DOB, and the time when he served. It may take a while, but you should get something. Also, be aware that some of the papers you get back may be blacked out with a marker. The military is notorious for doing this in order to protect national security.