HELP Does your pain feel like this ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, May 24, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Does your pain feel like you have an electrial burn going through your body? I have all different kinds of pain in all parts of my body.One day I was sitting on my bed and I felt like I was being burn from the inside out with some kind of Radio wave or shock with a long slow burning.I hurt so bad all I could do was lay down and cry.I really thought I was going to die. I called my husband to come get me to go to the hospital, the pain was sooooooo bad .By the time he got home it had let up.But now I have days where I get this in a smaller dose.It still really hurts but it doesnt last long.I still have other types of pain at the same time but this has been so alarming.I dont think my doctor will beleave me cause it sounds so wierd.Would anyone know what this is or has anyone had this.
  2. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I think the tricky thing about FM is that people experience the pain differently. I have CFS and mild FM. The CFS pain is more fever-related. Whenever I'm running a low-grade fever, I get those bad muscle aches and joint pains that you get with a fever. However, my FM pain is what you described to a T. Actually, last night I was laying in bed thinking how it felt like there was some kind of electrical shock going through my body. It's a pain like no other, and it can be excrutiating at times. It's disturbing for me, because my FM was in remission for over a year, and now the pain has begun again. Much milder than when I was first diagnosed, but still annoying.

Gentle healing hugs to you,
    Kim
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Yes, I've seen a neurologist .You name a doctor and over the last 6 years I've probably seen them.
    In fact I bet all of us have a better understanding of different types of testing then the average person.Because of the things we go through to find a cause for our pain.
    Your post is very interesting let me know about your research in the future.
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member