HELP Everyday rib pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Dec 6, 2002.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Does anyone know if rib pain is caused by FM or arthritis? I'm having a hard time sleeping on my sides---it causes terrible aches in my side ribs. Sometimes I think my ribs are digging into my waist or some organ. I'm thin,small framed and don't have great posture. Do you think being humped over is causing this rib pain. Other than the heating pad and tylenol--don't know what to do. Doctors are not helpful.
    Anyone else have this pain---especially on the sides down by the waist. Maybe my ribs are too long!!!!!
    Tania
  2. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Does anyone know if rib pain is caused by FM or arthritis? I'm having a hard time sleeping on my sides---it causes terrible aches in my side ribs. Sometimes I think my ribs are digging into my waist or some organ. I'm thin,small framed and don't have great posture. Do you think being humped over is causing this rib pain. Other than the heating pad and tylenol--don't know what to do. Doctors are not helpful.
    Anyone else have this pain---especially on the sides down by the waist. Maybe my ribs are too long!!!!!
    Tania
  3. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

I, too, have the same problem. Unfortuantely, there are so many possible causes that it's difficult to narrow down. Yes, poor posture can definitely cause this, but so could costochondritis. I've had that problem even before I was dx'd with FM, but that isn't saying much. My rheumy thinks I probably had FM long before my first real flare, and just didn't know it. That question is a toughy, and sorry I'm not much help, but I'm sure there are a lot of people here with experiences and knowledge to share!
    Peace,
    Stormy
  4. epicurean

epicurean New Member

this could be pain caused by any number of things.I also have this pain,and am being treated with much success.Type in the word costochronditis in the search messages box-you'll find much info on it,hope this helps!!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2002]