Help! Extremely fatigued!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chellee, Apr 23, 2003.

1. chellee

chellee New Member

I was taking ritalin as a stimulant and decided to wean myself off. I have been in bed for 3 days. Last Saturday I slept for 17 hrs straight. I have a call in to my doctor to try and go back on the ritalin but she is on vacation. Does anyone have any other ideas to give me some energy? I am about at the end of my rope. Today I got up at 8am and was back in bed at 10am until 1pm. I have been up since then as it is now 4:30pm and I am so tired I can't see straight. Please help if you can! Any ideas will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Chellee
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I can't help hon, but just replied to bump your post back to the top of the board.

I get fatigue, but only for a few days at a time. I just go with it and rest. But everyone can't do that I know.

Hope you feel better soon. Have you tried asking the pharmacist to help? maybe he could recommend something OTC untill your doctor gets back.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. RedB

RedB New Member

I take the sublingual (under the tongue) type, which I order from the Trivita website. A web search for Trivita will bring it up.

My pills come by mail in just 2 or 3 days. They have given me back half of my life. I have much more energy and I don't need to nap.

Others on this board are getting B-12 shots from their doctors, or giving them to themselves. If you do a search for Vitamin B-12 in the "search messages" box above, you should get some of the conversations about this vitamin.

Kathy
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

These supplements help improve energy at a cellular level. They do not work for everyone but when they do the difference can be marked.

Good luck

Tansy
  5. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Try drinking as much as you possibly can too, it`s easy to get dehydrated and forget liquids. Not diet or fizzy stuff mind...

Love Pat.