Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wordwarrior, Jul 28, 2008.

1. wordwarrior

wordwarrior New Member

I am having problems with my hands, fingers, joints in hands, pads on hands and my temples hurt (could be my TMJ). I was driving 4 hours up and back to my farm and I do write a lot in my algebra class BUT I don’t think this much pain should result. Any one else have problems with this?

I see OSS at the college and if my Dr. gives them a note about the Fibro I should get some extra help which will relieve some stress. Took a lot to ask though – I am a stubborn and prideful Irish woman!

2. WhoSaid

WhoSaid New Member

You sound a lot like me ... Mom was Irish Dad was French Canadian. I got the worst of both worlds - hard headed and stubborn... haha
    I have actually told him that if he should ever see me crying from physical pain to not even ask me just call the ambulance.
    I use to crochet a lot and have made a prize winning table topper using string. Now after 5 minutes of trying to crochet my hands hurt so bad that I have to put it all down for several days.
    Most days I end the day with my hands in serious pain. I don't have medical coverage so going to the doctor or getting pain medication isn't going to happen any time soon either.
    This drives my husband crazy but what I do is right before bed I wash the dishes. (usually around 2 a.m.) He doesn't get it even though I tell him it eases the pain in my hands to have them in the hot water.
    BTW my hands and feet are always very cold.
  3. WhoSaid

WhoSaid New Member

HAHA boy I got a good laugh outa that!
    I was told back in 1983 that I had a "slight" case of arthritis in my hands and my left shoulder.
    There are times when I just don't want to move at all because I hurt so bad.
    it's no fun now that I can't crochet anymore.