Help! first chiro apptmt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chp1298, Oct 12, 2005.

1. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

LOL Being onthis board cost me much $$$> Everytime I hear something working for someone I want to try...mostly new meds. But after reading post abt chiro helping TMJ, I have an apptment tomorrow. I gave nurse all my ailments and she said he could handle all. I have never done this b4. How abt some pointers? Adjusting the jaw seems like it will be very painful. Will a chiro work on my neck,back,hip and jaw on 1 visit?

Thanks for assistance.
  2. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

but don't expect immediate results. It takes time. And don't let them make you come everyday. I had a chiro who wanted me to come everyday for 2 weeks then 3x a week for 2 months.

That's just too much. It shouldn't be painful I don't remember any pain, sometime a headache when she couldn't adjust my neck, but not a lot of pain.

Blessings and good luck
    Laura
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

on what is being adjusted and what the problem is. If found adjustment of my midback painful, but not my lower back, shoulders or neck.

Like any other profession, there are good chiropractors and bad chiropractors. I would be a little suspicious of one who said he could handle all of your ailments. (But then, I don't know what all your ailments are, so maybe he can.)
  4. jennypee

jennypee New Member

I like the chiropractor, but I hate going. The sudden movements with my painful bodyparts makes me extremely nervous. It was never painful for me though, and it did help. I learned to differentiate between Fibro pain and out of alignment pain.

Again, I'd like to stress that it was never painful, no matter how scared I was... and the heat beforehand was wonderful.